Which brand fuel pump to get??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
So I need a new fuel pump, have for some time. But gonna buck up and do it. Seeing if everyone has a preference, or longevity knowledge on which pump to get? Not going to go cheapo Ebay route and think I want to buy local for warranty issues. Thinking Delphi or Bosch? Bosch being the MOST expensive, but well know, but so is Delphi for like $100 cheaper, Both from local Napa. Delphi $282, Bosch $395. Autozona has the Airtex $249, and not sure that is a wise decision never heard of them. Pepboys has Spectra $215, Carter $235.

Anyone have a advice, or knowledge on which brand they have had good luck using?? Or bad luck using to stay away from? I know you can never guarantee anything, but don't want to do again in 6 months. I know Bosch makes great products, but spending $400 for there name sucks, if $300 or less product will do as good a job

So:
Bosch-$395, MFG OEM, well known
Delphi- $282 MFG OEM, well known
Carter- $235 OE equivilant i believe
Spectra-$215 OE equivilant I believe
Airtex-$249 no clue??
Napa also has an OE equivilant for $224

Thanks guys, and any advice is much appreciated.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my acdelco from advance auto for like 280 and have been very happy with it. i asked a few friends who work at shops when buying mine, every single one of them said anything but airtex, NO AIRTEX!

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Nice, thanks ATL, that's great to know. Scratching Airtex off the bottom of the list. Don't have an Advance Auto parts store locally in Arizona tho. Thinking maybe Delphi??? Anybody use Delphi fuel pump? or have any good, bad or other input about them? Bosch is nice, but not sure it's worth the extra $100

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree bosch is good stuff, but $100 better? prob not. IMO acdelco and delphi are the exact same, so i dont think you can go wrong with either. i waited til my pump finally went out on me to do something about it, so i had to get it at local store. but if you plan ahead alittle, i believe the acdelcos are around 240-250 on ebay

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try rockauto.com. i think.there might even be another 5% off still in there page above. If i.can i get everything there, way cheaper then locally and have not had a problem yet.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
thanks guys. But what is OEM? Have been told Delphi, Bosch and acdelco are all OEM pumps??? So thinking going Delphi. I could definitely get it cheaper online, but really not by much, and then for warranty issues I have to ship back to get new one. I think for this I will just pay alittle more and get locally. Probably won't have issue, but HATE doing fuel pumps, and have gotten OEM ones before, to only have burn out very soon after installing. Just never know when dealing with electrical motors.

Ya my pump has been giving me issues for over 3 months, so think it's time to bite the bullet and just replace before it completely stops working. Thanks guys, appreciate the responses.

toneman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shoot, my fuel pump is about ready to give up the ghost as well--definitely go ACDelco or Delphi; FWIW--I believe those pumps come with lifetime warranty on the unit itself, at least it does if purchased and installed at an authorized GM dealership/service center. That is what the service tech at my local GMC dealership told me...the "catch" is that they want $1000 for the parts/labor...and yes I realize that most of the cost is labor since they have to drop the fuel tank.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
True, I was quoted anywhere from $800 to $1500. NO WAY!!! Have done plenty of fuel pumps in my day, they suck. but dropping a tank, spending a few hours doing myself, worth every bit of savings of atleast $500++++.

Thanks everyone, think I am going to just go with the Delphi. Appreciate the responses

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, I was quoted anywhere from $800 to $1500. NO WAY!!! Have done plenty of fuel pumps in my day, they suck. but dropping a tank, spending a few hours doing myself, worth every bit of savings of atleast $500++++.

Thanks everyone, think I am going to just go with the Delphi. Appreciate the responses

i couldnt agree more, the day i did mine i considered myself to have made $500 that day for the labor i did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk