Where is the best on-line site to sell my 2006 Tahoe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GKW1957

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, very nice example, looks really clean.
First thing I thought, was that you only have 3 exterior pictures, and they are only of one side. If there are no dents or paint damage, definitely put up the rest of the exterior. (1 straight on, and 1 angle shot of each side. Could do front to back and back to front on sides or even both angles of each side).
I know you can see it, but in the description include it has the second row buckets, the third row seat, and mention how clean the seats and carpet are specifically.
Upgraded wood trim
Put some keywords in the listing for searches (Yukon, Escalade, 2wd.. You could even start adding similar model keywords.. Explorer, Durango, Journey, You could add 50-100 different models so your clean example shows up for those people who don't yet realize they are looking for your vehicle. )
You could include a picture of the RPO codes out of the glove box. Those who really know what they are looking for will be interested in them. It would also show your options like locking diff code.
You could show tread depth on the tires. Size, brand, when they were bought and installed.
Are you willing to assist in shipping or how far are you from the airport?
If it hasn't been modified, Unmolested/original/ non-modified are good keywords.
Complete history of everything that has plenty of life left. If you have maintenance receipts or dealer maintenance records.
I'm betting your engine bay looks extremely clean. Also being in ATL, I'm guessing its rust free... If it is, AT THE LEAST, YOU should say it. Even better would be a picture.
If there are no accidents and only two owners, I would get a Carfax, and let people know you can email them a copy if requested. It opens up communication with potential buyers, and you have a really clean example. For what you have, (and I have been shopping half the country for a while now on about 10 different sites), your price is right where it should be. Dealers on average are charging a little more for ones with a not as clean interior, more owners, and about that mileage. I just think you need to give buyers every single detail you can come up with to show why your best of the best is better than the next best example.

IMO (and im pretty cynical), but the only thing I don't like is "Driven by 2 moms. Never carried little kids (you know, the ones who spill everything)". It might be you just trying to get a laugh, but I'm buying a vehicle. THERES NO WAY YOU COULD ACTUALLY KNOW THAT.... UNLESS.. You know the two moms, and you know the entire history about the vehicle... If you do know the complete history, then you should put some detail on it. If you don't, then now I have a reason to doubt your ad. If you bought the vehicle from a friend, or family member, (then that tells me you SHOULD know the HONEST history of the vehicle).

You don't have a phone number listed.. I know that means some spam, but I know I won't bother if they won't include it.. Your call. You can put it in the description with altered writing will cut down on the spam.. nlne (N L N E) ate SevN G FlVE (f L ve) for three too won Oh

Really nice vehicle. I wouldn't drop the price at all unless you need the cash right away. This might take a little longer, but definitely well above average example.

Unless at a dealer or somewhere someone will keep an eye on it, I wouldn't. Somebody may do something to it just because, and something may happen to it. I still say put a for sale sign on it, and drive it around (free, local, targeted advertising).

Thanks for the input. I'll revise the ad. I was having a laugh about 2 moms and no little kids. I remember our minivan and the treasures under the kids seats. But in this case, it is true. We bought the car from my sister-in-law who was the original owner. Her daughter was 16 at the time (she never drove it). The other mom was my wife. Our kids were 18 and 21 when we bought it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Nice truck. Good year, good price for the milage imo. Lots of good advice for you so far. It'll sell.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'll revise the ad. I was having a laugh about 2 moms and no little kids. I remember our minivan and the treasures under the kids seats. But in this case, it is true. We bought the car from my sister-in-law who was the original owner. Her daughter was 16 at the time (she never drove it). The other mom was my wife. Our kids were 18 and 21 when we bought it.
I would definitely include that. It tells that the car stayed in the family, and that you actually do know the history of it. Family is not going to screw you over to just make a sale. If they thought it was a bad vehicle with problems they would pass it off on someone else, but not somebody you plan on knowing closely for the rest of your life.

Also, Ebay might be a great place for this. Its too old to get a loan on, so you are looking for a cash buyer. I'm thinking you are looking for someone has been looking for that prime example. Anyone who is looking for that is going to keep an eye on ebay for something like this to pop up. Even better is to find those two people who will get in a bidding war. Or again with Carfax because it should have a great report. Most of these vehicles are about half this price with problems. If it were me, I think I would spend a little to get top dollar for it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Keep it and mod it out and hang with us. You only joined here to sell it. It's like joining a Corvette club just to let the club members know that you're selling you're vette that same day. Lucky for you we have super nice and helpful people here.:waytogo:

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Craigslist for sure. Just sold my F250 to a guy that flew in from 800 miles away and drove off.

Your photos aren’t the best like others have said. Find someone that takes photos for a living and pay them to take a few pics and process them. Where you take photos is also crucial. Don’t take it in your neighborhood or office space, too many background distractions. Find somewhere nice, clean, and simple.

Remove the tail light covers and extra stickers. Fix the head rest that is folded back. If I saw that flipping through I would think you had lost it. People love clean vehicles. You’ve got one, you need to highlight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Keep it and mod it out and hang with us. You only joined here to sell it. It's like joining a Corvette club just to let the club members know that you're selling you're vette that same day. Lucky for you we have super nice and helpful people here.:waytogo:

:fish_h4h::fishing1:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more places you list it, the better the exposure. If I were selling a car right now, I'd go Autotrader, Cargurus, and Facebook marketplace.l

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So FWIW, I'm looking to sell mine, and fear folks will say the same thing (that I only joined to sell mine). I found out about this forum from the guy I bought my 2001 from and have been lurking on it for about 2-3 years.

As we say on another forum I'm on: "de-lurking is de-lightful".

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So FWIW, I'm looking to sell mine, and fear folks will say the same thing (that I only joined to sell mine). I found out about this forum from the guy I bought my 2001 from and have been lurking on it for about 2-3 years.

As we say on another forum I'm on: "de-lurking is de-lightful".
I guess I get that. I'm not much of a lurker, no matter how much my ex gf says I am :secret: