Where did you mount your catch can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99a4b6463297be2ada074fbfa7c8fce5.jpg

lt1gmc

Reaction score
Mounted mine on the hood support bracket which places the can higher and easier to drain.

Attachments

• Catchcan.jpg
    Catchcan.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 43

BigBlueLB756

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should the can be mounted lower so that any residue in the hoses runs toward the can? Let gravity help.

lt1gmc

Reaction score
Should the can be mounted lower so that any residue in the hoses runs toward the can? Let gravity help.

My thought is the oil vapor that condenses between the engine and can will run back into the engine where it belongs and what may out of the can can not be trapped in a low spot between it and the intake.

lt1gmc

Reaction score
I added the catch can to my Yukon and it did almost completely eliminate the oil in the intake problem. However in 500 Miles I had 4 oz of oil in the can. I read about a factory fix for oil consumption on these trucks, and one of the factory fixes is an updated valve cover which relocates the PVC baffle inside the driver side cover. I changed the valve cover and now do not accumulate hardly any oil in the catch can. The bonus: reduced oil usage.

Any good can has 2 things.
A filter medium and a cooling chamber. the larger the chamber, the longer it takes for the hot crankcase gasses to re-enter the intake.
By cooling this gases, it forces the oil to condense and stick to anything it can, aka filter media and the walls of the cooling chamber.
This stops the oilly TB, intake, Valve, Spark plug problem almost completely.
It however does not stop oil consumption problems of a engine.

This design is by far the best.
The longer the anti siphon tube and the more progressive the vent holes on it are, the better it works.
you can build this at home depot if you want.
smc_internal_design_565x725.jpg

http://www.saikoumichi.com/index.html

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where I put mine. I did clean off the red loctite from the bracket, didn't want that nut coming loose! Quite the monster bracket you get with this guy.

Attachments

• 2015-03-20 23.11.17.jpg
    2015-03-20 23.11.17.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 42

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
This is where I put mine. I did clean off the red loctite from the bracket, didn't want that nut coming loose! Quite the monster bracket you get with this guy.

Where did you get that from?? That thing looks like a coffee can. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DH24YUKON