Wheels Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I've got a burb not a 'hoe but I was hoping for good input on this.

Can I fit 16" GMT800 wheels from a 2000 Half Ton on my GMT900 2013 Burb that runs 17s?

I've read contradicting info that the 16"s won't fit due to the brakes on the GMT900?

Bolt pattern is the same though, right?

What about TPMS? Can I just get some new sensors and put them in the 2000 wheels?

Thanks!

amos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Resurrecting this conversation/question as i'm interested in putting some 16" steel wheels with snow tires on my '07 Tahoe for the winter. Found a screaming deal, so motivated to make this option work if it is possible.

Reason for bringing it up, is I'm finding responses saying no regarding the GMT900 trucks which may have bigger front rotors. But no definitive answer as to whether it would work on a Tahoe GMT900, or if there is a different in front rotor size between the tahoe and truck builds....

any further input from this group would be greatly appreciated- Worst case i have to be the guy that shows up and changes a front tire to confirm, but would like to avoid that option if possible...

Thanks!

amos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep saw that, but with the original post relative to a Suburban didn't know if there are caliper size differences between the tahoe, suburban, or silverado models within the GMT900 family.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep saw that, but with the original post relative to a Suburban didn't know if there are caliper size differences between the tahoe, suburban, or silverado models within the GMT900 family.

All of the 1500 series GMT900s have the same basic brakes and require at minimum a seventeen inch wheel. There was a 16" wheel used on the 2500s but that is a different animal underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879