Wheel/tire help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MLML

Reaction score
I'm looking to beef up the look of my 2018 Tahoe LT. I don't want to do a lift on it yet, but want to put new wheels and tires on it. I'm looking at the Black Rhino Rotorua with Duratrac AT's. Question, would the 18inch wheels with 275/65r18 look better/more offroad-ish than the 20inch wheels with 275/55r20? Thoughts on aesthetics of whees/tires and sizes?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My recommendation to you is that you get tires that will fully support the activities that you plan to do with the truck. Tires that 'look' good are certainly OK, but if good looking tires do not fully map into your actual driving activities, then you may be shortchanging yourself and your wallet.

I'm not an off-roader, but for me, if I was an off-roader, I would want lots of rubber and gnarly tread showing on a side view of the tire and wheel.

Other folks here in the Forum who are off-roaders will chime in with their suggestions and perspectives to your question.

Good luck!

OP
OP
M

MLML

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, I have a full on R50 crawler/banger fully armored etc for off road. This Tahoe is basically a mall queen, but I want it to look cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz