Whats a good flowing catalytic Converter for flow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Z71w

Reaction score
I need to replace the cats. The current cats are rusted up something bad and they both have dents in them. Not sure how they got dents..bought it that way. Fixed the exhaust manifold leak and CEL came back. Original owner said it was the code for the cats and or sensors. I'm replacing the sensors this weekend and might as well replace the cats and y pipe while I'm at it since they are banged up and rusted. Looking at using magnaflow or Flowmaster 200 cell cats and slipping them into a new y pipe I have. Magnaflow or Flowmaster any good?

The Handyman Can

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow and i like it better after about 4 months or so. Due to the way they are manufactured they'll a little louder. If you take long trips with kids might be a better selection. Also id say best option is cat delete if have no emissions. Im in Oklahoma and can pretty much get away with anything.

OP
OP
04Z71w

04Z71w

Reaction score
I have the magnaflow and i like it better after about 4 months or so. Due to the way they are manufactured they'll a little louder. If you take long trips with kids might be a better selection. Also id say best option is cat delete if have no emissions. Im in Oklahoma and can pretty much get away with anything.
I live in a strict emissions area Fort Worth so need cats and they will look for them too. I was leaning towards magnaflpw so I'll run with those. I get an intermittent cel and I think I have another manifold leak so not sure if it's that or the cats. It runs fine, no rotten egg smells but gonna replace anyways. Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the cats. The current cats are rusted up something bad and they both have dents in them. Not sure how they got dents..bought it that way. Fixed the exhaust manifold leak and CEL came back. Original owner said it was the code for the cats and or sensors. I'm replacing the sensors this weekend and might as well replace the cats and y pipe while I'm at it since they are banged up and rusted. Looking at using magnaflow or Flowmaster 200 cell cats and slipping them into a new y pipe I have. Magnaflow or Flowmaster any good?
I have the Magnaflow cats and y-pipe. Looks great, flows better, still going strong about 4 years later.

OP
OP
04Z71w

04Z71w

Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow cats and y-pipe. Looks great, flows better, still going strong about 4 years later.
I went ahead and ordered a pair of magnaflows today. Have an exhaust shop that's going to make a new y pipe when they come in. As it sits hoe is loud abnormaly loud for just a single exit Flowmaster but sounds damn good. Hope the new cats don't tone it down to much.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless your cats are gutted, the new ones will be louder than factory cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs