What type of running boards/steps do you have that arent stock????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccolley68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 LT 4x4 and I just recently took the running boards off. They were the stock ones, and I hated them. They were plastic and starting to wear with weather and were just a dirt collector and got my pants filthy, etc etc, so I just took them off. It looks decent like this, but I would like to have something in their place, and being a 4x4 with A-Terrain tires, I would like to keep it a bit more on the 'rugged' side, I guess would be the way to put it. I dont have a lift, so the no running boards at least makes it seem bigger, and I would like something that doesnt take away from that effect, at least until I get a lift. Anyone want to put up some pictures of what you have that may fit the bill? TIA.

gnarpow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Westin Platinum series step bars on my NBS Tahoe and thought they looked great with the BFG AT's that I was running.

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 45

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM Chrome Tubular Assist Steps

I have OEM Chrome Tubular Assist Steps like the ones HERE (just a random eBay listing) or HERE (these appear to be them at an awesome price).

I apologize that I don't have better pictures (it was very sunny the day I took these), but they are the best ones I have showing the steps that were on my computer.

Attachments

• Drivers Side Front.jpg
    Drivers Side Front.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Passenger Side Front.jpg
    Passenger Side Front.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Passenger Side Chrome Assist Step.jpg
    Passenger Side Chrome Assist Step.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
C

ccolley68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but 'Assist Steps', are those the ones that go up and down when you open and close the doors? If not, how much did you pay for them? Are they easy to install, just bolt on, or do they need any type of fabrication? Thanks. If those dont go up and down, they look pretty darn good, and may be the route I go. Hate to ask, but you maybe have, or could get a better picture of them on your truck?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, assist steps is what GM calls running boards ... both the fixed and retractable ones.

CF has the option chrome steps like the ones I used to have on my Tahoe:

web.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

And yes, they are direct swap and a pretty straight forward install ... although the do way quite a bit.

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OEM Chrome Tubular Assist Steps like the ones HERE (just a random eBay listing) or HERE (these appear to be them at an awesome price).

I apologize that I don't have better pictures (it was very sunny the day I took these), but they are the best ones I have showing the steps that were on my computer.

Damn!! $99 for those sounds like a smoking deal!! Hmmm....

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but 'Assist Steps', are those the ones that go up and down when you open and close the doors? If not, how much did you pay for them? Are they easy to install, just bolt on, or do they need any type of fabrication? Thanks. If those dont go up and down, they look pretty darn good, and may be the route I go. Hate to ask, but you maybe have, or could get a better picture of them on your truck?

Like Serge said, they are running boards - GM happens to call them Assist Steps. Because they are OEM, they are a direct swap and are fairly easy to install. Although they were a little heavy to work with, I was able to put them on myself by laying underneath the truck, albeit with some frustration. I think I payed around $300.00 for mine that I found on eBay. I happened to come across the listing while looking for parts and could not pass up that price. They are twice that cost at the dealership.

Serge provided you with a picture of the Assist Steps on his Tahoe. I can look and see if I have any other photos showing them, but I don't think I do. If you need me too, I can take another picture, but the truck is SUPER dirty right now (New York State Roads in Winter).

Last edited:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that the stock Z71 boards are the best looking on these trucks, I am in search of a set for my suburban, powdercoating them black of course.