What to use on running boards and bumper plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
What do you guys use on the running boards and bumper plastic? I have some almost set in stains from Paw prints on the rear bumper pad and he running boards always look bad. I've tried most of the over the counter detailing "back to black" category products, the only thing that seemed to be decent was copious amounts of tire shine which then drew in dust and pollen.

Also what do y'all use on fender liners? These are my only two problem areas. Looking for affordable solutions, nothing crazy.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Purple gallon of super clean at Walmart. Dilute it about 1/5 in a spray bottle, saturate plastic, spray with cleaner, scrub with stiff brush, and rinse off.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Purple gallon of super clean at Walmart. Dilute it about 1/5 in a spray bottle, saturate plastic, spray with cleaner, scrub with stiff brush, and rinse off.

Does this keep it shiny? So this for boards and liners? How many $$$

For what's it's worth I was gonna text you. It figured others would benefit.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I get that I just don't wanna be painting these. It's not that they're faded I just need a lasting dressing

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ... I've used that stuff before for general cleaning and stuff! Apparently an Auto Parts store is not a good place to buy it! I paid at least that much for a lot less!

Any chance you know how to get rid of the "Chestnut color on the water reservoir bottle?? I read about someone doing it a long time ago but lost the thread. :(

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Clean them very well with my method and they will stay looking good. My liners are in great shape and black board strips need some back to black every once in a while. Its all with prep cleaning so it stays dark longer.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Clean them very well with my method and they will stay looking good. My liners are in great shape and black board strips need some back to black every once in a while. Its all with prep cleaning so it stays dark longer.

Got it hotch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman