What to do. Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Hernandez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i cant figure out why these three speakers dont work but when i hook them up in my camaro they work fine. i have looked at the factory amp and everything is hooked and the pioneer seems to have everything hooked correctly. And i wasnt getting any help here. so i was like well i buy a aftermarket amp see if that fixes the issue.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amps in these trucks seem to go bad one channel at a time, so likely your culprit.

Depending on which Pioneer you have and the RMS rating of the speakers, you might not need an amp, and just power the speakers directly by the Pioneer.

If you decide to install an aftermarket amp, you will need to run wires from the amp to the battery and ground to frame, as well as RCA wires from the amp to your Pioneer, then a speedwire from the amp to the harness behind the head unit.

Either way, you will need an amp bypass, since the speakers are wired through the amp. You can find the amp bypass on eBay (just plugs into your harness beneath the glove box).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amp-Bypass...Suburban-GMC-Yukon-Cadillac-Esc-/363048592794

Also, if you have rear audio controls, your rear speakers are wired through that control module, which will also need to be bypassed for the rear door speakers to work.

Then comes the fun part... Sound deadening the door panels to increase bass response ;)

OP
OP
Keith Hernandez

Keith Hernandez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i have taken out the factory amp and soldered where the previous owner used crimps. but this amp still dont work. only thing its powering is one back door speaker the two tweeters up front and the two little speakers in back on the pillars and the sub. thinking about buying a used factory amp off ebay for 55.00 bucks and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu