What tire could possibly look good for my Suburban on Premier 22"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what option I have when it will be time to replace stock tires on our 22" wheels.
I am thinking about doing 5100 all way around and raise the front a bit 1 or 1-1/2".
My question is what would be a good one size up that would compliment the setup?
stock are 285/45r22. I would like something a bit more meaty.
100% street used, so maybe an all terrain with good street manners?
thanks for your shared pics and feedback!

526663680.jpg IMG_2651.jpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a stock size tire with good street manners and a little more aggresive look I would suggest the Bridgestone At’s (pic below). We put them on my wifes last Yukon and we really like the look and performace. The Nitto terra grappler is also available in the stock size.

If leveling and wanting a slightly bigger tire with more aggressive looks I would suggest Nitto ridge grappler in the 285/50/22 (33.2x11.2). You could fit the wider ones probably but street performace may suffer a bit. I feel that size would be good all around size for the street compared to the wider ones.
https://m.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

Nitto terra grapplers also have larger than stick size which is a good tire also
https://m.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/terra-grappler-g2-all-terrain-light-truck-tire/

580A50E3-32D2-45E2-A918-2D7E09444CE1.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, and the pics! Is there a big difference in noise/mpg drop/ride quality from that Bridgestone AT and the other 2?

Welcome!

The only direct comparison I personally can make in this size wheel/tire is between the Bridgestone Dueler A/T’s and the H/L’s. The AT’s are much more aggresive looking in person compared to the HL’s, and they really dont make much more noise to speak of. They hook up very well for street driving in dry/wet/snow covered roads. The nittos will definitely make a little more noise, but it wouldn't be horrible.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

The only direct comparison I personally can make in this size wheel/tire is between the Bridgestone Dueler A/T’s and the H/L’s. The AT’s are much more aggresive looking in person compared to the HL’s, and they really dont make much more noise to speak of. They hook up very well for street driving in dry/wet/snow covered roads. The nittos will definitely make a little more noise, but it wouldn't be horrible.

thanks for your replies, input and pictures!!!!! would you have by anychance a side picture of your ride with these A/T Dualer?
I am thinking about going with billstein 5100 front and rear and only lift the front 1" (i know they can go up to 1.75")
the reason why is:

-that way I could stay with a pretty mild manner 285/45r22 (noise wise), the pricing on them is better than the rare few options for 285/50r22

-and I think it will add just enough attitude, the idea would be for someone to think it's all stock with a little flair to it.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for your replies, input and pictures!!!!! would you have by anychance a side picture of your ride with these A/T Dualer?
I am thinking about going with billstein 5100 front and rear and only lift the front 1" (i know they can go up to 1.75")
the reason why is:

-that way I could stay with a pretty mild manner 285/45r22 (noise wise), the pricing on them is better than the rare few options for 285/50r22

-and I think it will add just enough attitude, the idea would be for someone to think it's all stock with a little flair to it.

I purchased a 2016 Tahoe that during the certification process received NEW 22’s. Goodyears Forteras. Look great, ride great.

5F07A6AC-F21A-4C1A-AF47-40247AB5F7A2.jpeg

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 2016 Tahoe that during the certification process received NEW 22’s. Goodyears Forteras. Look great, ride great.

View attachment 196138

these from the reviews seem great. I am looking off something a bit more offroad oriented. I was initially going to look at nitto in 285/50r22 but they seem really expensive, I guess that's the exclusivity due to the rare size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2