What rotors do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

optimusprime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing the rotors and brakes on my 2008 Yukon XL Denali. I want a beefy and solid rotor that will hold up to my family of 5. What do ya'll recommend?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Powerstop drilled and slotted with ceramic pads was my choice when I had a 2008. Or, if you desire, Wilwoods

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
High carbon content rotors from autozone and premium ceramic pads (front & rear) also from autozone, the rotors have a 2yr or 3yr warranty, the pads are lifetime warranty so if or when they wear out you just take them to autozone and get brand new ones for free. I drive my vehicle pretty hard and these stop me very well even if driven like a mad man. The high carbon rotors are only available for the front, the rear rotors are regular duralast. I learned a long time ago that premium ceramic pads will far outlast other pads, stop better, and create little to no brake dust and it's a bonus that they are lifetime replacement if you are going to have the vehicle for years it's well worth it in the long run. If I wasn't 100% completely satisfied with these brakes I would never recommend them

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Geomet R1 Concepts front rotors, slotted. Took them to my Croyogenics guy, had them cryoed. Installed Police calipers (high temp seals) and police friction pads.
I drive a Corvette, and I warp rotors with Tahoes driving too fast and stopping too hard. After over a year of pounding brakes, they work fantastic, no warp, but there is some brake dust.
My Vette, Tahoe and 2000 F350 dually 7.3 all have Cryo treated rotors and zero warpage under extreme duty.....my right foot is named "extreme duty".

isp5190

Reaction score
Replacing the rotors and brakes on my 2008 Yukon XL Denali. I want a beefy and solid rotor that will hold up to my family of 5. What do ya'll recommend?

I agree with the drilled and slotted, get the cryogenic treatment (money well spent). I use those on our 2009 LTZ pulling a boat and they resist warping with the added heat generated with the extra weight. Tire rack is where I got mine, their price is not bad.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
High carbon content rotors from autozone and premium ceramic pads (front & rear) also from autozone, the rotors have a 2yr or 3yr warranty, the pads are lifetime warranty so if or when they wear out you just take them to autozone and get brand new ones for free. I drive my vehicle pretty hard and these stop me very well even if driven like a mad man. The high carbon rotors are only available for the front, the rear rotors are regular duralast. I learned a long time ago that premium ceramic pads will far outlast other pads, stop better, and create little to no brake dust and it's a bonus that they are lifetime replacement if you are going to have the vehicle for years it's well worth it in the long run. If I wasn't 100% completely satisfied with these brakes I would never recommend them
How many times have you brought your pads back, and they gave you another set for free? I was told at my local Advance that they only allow it one time. If they kept doing it they'd go broke. Just curious on your own experience.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many times have you brought your pads back, and they gave you another set for free? I was told at my local Advance that they only allow it one time. If they kept doing it they'd go broke. Just curious on your own experience.
the person at advance is giving you a song & dance, autozone has a "lifetime" warranty for as long as you own the car, I bought essentially the same pads for my nbs I had for 12 years from autozone, I exchanged pads a few times and I gave the guy I sold it to my phone number so he could just claim he was me and keep on doing the same. Autozone has never even questioned a return or exchange all though I was asked once "what was wrong with the rotors" that I exchanged that were only 6months old that I had purchased with some carbon fiber pads that just made way to much dust, so I just said "I was told they are warped" and they exchanged them. If they were only going to give you 2 exchanges on a lifetime warranty that would have to be explained up front, I have exchanged all kinds of things with them I had bought there coil packs 8 of them a couple went bad after a few months and I went to exchange them and saw they had a new design so I went to like 4 different stores and exchanged all the ones they had in stock and ended up with 8 of the new design, they are very good with there warranty.

another thing is they are gambling that most people will not own the same vehicle for 10-15 years or more, and pads are rebuilt for a few bucks, all these places made a good profit on brake pads

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
the person at advance is giving you a song & dance, autozone has a "lifetime" warranty for as long as you own the car, I bought essentially the same pads for my nbs I had for 12 years from autozone, I exchanged pads a few times and I gave the guy I sold it to my phone number so he could just claim he was me and keep on doing the same. Autozone has never even questioned a return or exchange all though I was asked once "what was wrong with the rotors" that I exchanged that were only 6months old that I had purchased with some carbon fiber pads that just made way to much dust, so I just said "I was told they are warped" and they exchanged them. If they were only going to give you 2 exchanges on a lifetime warranty that would have to be explained up front, I have exchanged all kinds of things with them I had bought there coil packs 8 of them a couple went bad after a few months and I went to exchange them and saw they had a new design so I went to like 4 different stores and exchanged all the ones they had in stock and ended up with 8 of the new design, they are very good with there warranty.
What you say makes total sense.