What made you decide on a high country over a Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jnull

Reaction score
We’re getting ready to order a new duramax suburban and my wife prefers the looks of the suburban over the XL. I like them both from an exterior standpoint but when she saw an all black high country that sealed the deal.

Optioned similarly the Denali is only $600 more and seems like a better buy since it’s the only model with a unique dash. I like them both just fine but I’m all about getting the most for my money and in this case that seems like a Denali. What made you guys go with a high country over a Denali?

d_hawk

Reaction score
When I was doing my research for a 2021 model the dash, led taillights and fog lamps were the differences between High Country and Denali. Of course availability trumped everything and I ended up with a High Country Suburban.

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
When I was doing my research for a 2021 model the dash, led taillights and fog lamps were the differences between High Country and Denali. Of course availability trumped everything and I ended up with a High Country Suburban.

I know the differences, we’re not in need of a vehicle so I know well be waiting on whatever gets ordered. Just wondering what made someone choose the high country.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the differences, we’re not in need of a vehicle so I know well be waiting on whatever gets ordered. Just wondering what made someone choose the high country.
I actually chose a premier over a high country and Denali, I prefer the looks of the Tahoe and I also did not want the big 6.2. Looking back I would have pushed for the diesel and could have got one but my wife didn’t want. Also my premier totally optioned out has everything minus air ride and saved me $2500 vs a high country.

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
I actually chose a premier over a high country and Denali, I prefer the looks of the Tahoe and I also did not want the big 6.2. Looking back I would have pushed for the diesel and could have got one but my wife didn’t want. Also my premier totally optioned out has everything minus air ride and saved me $2500 vs a high country.

So what you’re trying to say is this isn’t relevant at all to the conversation? Lol

d_hawk

Reaction score
Assuming price and dealer allocation are the same between the Chevrolet and GMC dealers you are thinking of ordering from… I would do some research on the service departments at the dealers and make the purchase decision based on that.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
We’re getting ready to order a new duramax suburban and my wife prefers the looks of the suburban over the XL. I like them both from an exterior standpoint but when she saw an all black high country that sealed the deal.

Optioned similarly the Denali is only $600 more and seems like a better buy since it’s the only model with a unique dash. I like them both just fine but I’m all about getting the most for my money and in this case that seems like a Denali. What made you guys go with a high country over a Denali?
I ordered the Denali over the HC due to the look, interior Dash, and interior color schemes.

My old SUV is Black with Black Leather and it gets way too hot and Denali is the only one that offers a true light/tan leather.

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
Assuming price and dealer allocation are the same between the Chevrolet and GMC dealers you are thinking of ordering from… I would do some research on the service departments at the dealers and make the purchase decision based on that.

I really can’t imagine one is more problematic then the other given they have the same options but I could be wrong. Besides the interior they’re basically the same vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9