what kind of MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
45MPH (City) 12 mpg +
55MPH (Highway) 14 mpg +
65MPH (Highway) 17 mpg
75MPH (Interstate) 16 mpg
85MPH (Interstate) 17+ mpg
95MPH (Interstate-Don't get caught) 18 mpg

These numbers with - New 5.7L Long block 8,000 mile's on it. K&N CAI, Headman Shorty Headers, BBT 93 Octane, Dual Exhaust, no seat in the rear, removal of tire, etc. I would get quite a bit better MPG if I didn't have tires with such an aggresive tread. I get the numbers from my scan gauge II.

Last edited:

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
45MPH (City) 12 mpg +
55MPH (Highway) 14 mpg +
65MPH (Highway) 17 mpg
75MPH (Interstate) 16 mpg
85MPH (Interstate) 17+ mpg
95MPH (Interstate-Don't get caught) 18 mpg

These numbers with - New 5.7L Long block 8,000 mile's on it. K&N CAI, Headman Shorty Headers, BBT 93 Octane, Dual Exhaust, no seat in the rear, removal of tire, etc. I would get quite a bit better MPG if I didn't have tires with such an aggresive tread. I get the numbers from my scan gauge II.

impossible.. do a little research on wind resistance at speed and you'll see the skepticism.. hint: think back to the lowering of the national speed limit from 65 to 55 way back when lol.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
impossible.. do a little research on wind resistance at speed and you'll see the skepticism.. hint: think back to the lowering of the national speed limit from 65 to 55 way back when lol.

+1 I think you numbers might be off a bit black

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tuned mine myself with HP tuners. Since I already had a laptop and HP tuners for my Vettes, I went ahead and bought another license for the Hoe. I increased the % for V-4mode (think I'm at 40% throttle IIRC), got rid of the speed limiter (had my Hoe to 140mph according to my gps navigation), 93 octane, and a few other things. I saw 4-5mpg increase with the tune I did

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tuned mine myself with HP tuners. Since I already had a laptop and HP tuners for my Vettes, I went ahead and bought another license for the Hoe. I increased the % for V-4mode (think I'm at 40% throttle IIRC), got rid of the speed limiter (had my Hoe to 140mph according to my gps navigation), 93 octane, and a few other things. I saw 4-5mpg increase with the tune I did

4-5 MPG sounds like a heck of an improvement. Is this mixed city and highway driving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grooter8824

Latest posts