what kind of MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of MPG change does the BB tune do for most people? Im sure it increases it because tunes usually do, but i havent seen much talk about it. I was wondering if everyone that has the vehicle tuned by Black Bear is getting better gas mileage if so how much change?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was at 11 or slightly below, maybe 10.7 and now im close to if not above 13. And thats been on 2 different tanks both of which i needed to floor it or leave it running using the auto start. so i say this summer i could get close to 14 which is awesome! i mean +3 is bad ass! even +2 is ok... but performance gains are awesome so i want to floor it everywhere! haha

OP
OP
bigblue

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really curious to see how it helped the mpg after putting on some 24s. I know when the 4s go on it's going to lose probably 2-3 mpg. If it gets tuned how close r yall getting back to stock? The 24s will be on in less than 2 weeks!! :)

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting a tune too, in Houston. What recommendations do you guys have to ask for in the tune? I am going to ask him to make the tow/haul button my power button, but what else would you guys recommend for him to do?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just had him do a basic performance/economy tune. A split down the middle because i wanted the power gains but also better MPG. I didnt have the tow/haul mode changed because i tow stuff and didnt want that to be messed with. Also ask about the V8/V4. He usually takes this out as the program can cause weird bumping when it goes back in forth from those two. But mine wasnt noticeable so i left it alone. honestly its just ask for what you want and he can do it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC