What is this Button? - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You speeding at 120 again Tony?
I did hit 100. I wanted to see how it would do. I noticed the play in the steering, and I'm not crazy about how these tires feel on the front end. I need to try to tighten this box up a little.
Sorry no pics. My gf was with me and she was silently cursing me out! I only did a quick little burst.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Sorry no pics. My gf was with me and she was silently cursing me out! I only did a quick little burst.[/QUOTE]

Glad that she was silently cursing you out. My right side ear drum would have been blown completely out, if I tried that with my wife in the truck.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Sorry no pics. My gf was with me and she was silently cursing me out! I only did a quick little burst.

Glad that she was silently cursing you out. My right side ear drum would have been blown completely out, if I tried that with my wife in the truck.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we've been together long enough. She knows me, and I know her!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Sorry no pics. My gf was with me and she was silently cursing me out! I only did a quick little burst.

Glad that she was silently cursing you out. My right side ear drum would have been blown completely out, if I tried that with my wife in the truck.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I keep it nice and mellow. She does know what the Hoes will do. My bil is a cop.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did hit 100. I wanted to see how it would do. I noticed the play in the steering, and I'm not crazy about how these tires feel on the front end. I need to try to tighten this box up a little.

Sorry no pics. My gf was with me and she was silently cursing me out! I only did a quick little burst.

you will find those tires to be a little squirmy on the road. You can probably give the adjuster on your steering a 1/4 turn tighter without any negative effect. I would put the wrench on the nut and then the hex key in the adjuster. Note the position of the hex key and try to hold it in place while you loosen the nut. Then go almost 1/4 with the adjuster and then turn the nut tight with it for the last little bit. I can’t remember if I went 1/4 or 1/2 tuen on my 03 but the tires made it squishy feeling.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
you will find those tires to be a little squirmy on the road. You can probably give the adjuster on your steering a 1/4 turn tighter without any negative effect. I would put the wrench on the nut and then the hex key in the adjuster. Note the position of the hex key and try to hold it in place while you loosen the nut. Then go almost 1/4 with the adjuster and then turn the nut tight with it for the last little bit. I can’t remember if I went 1/4 or 1/2 tuen on my 03 but the tires made it squishy feeling.
Thx for the tip @George B. It def felt squirrely with the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10