What is this Button? - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was under the driver's side dashboard troubleshooting another issue, I found this black toggle button, between the steering column and the center console, right underneath the lower trim panel, about where the driver's right knee cap would be located.

Any idea what this button is and what its function is? (I did not mess with it, as I'd like to know what I'm messing with first).

Unknown Button.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I was under the driver's side dashboard troubleshooting another issue, I found this black toggle button, between the steering column and the center console, right underneath the lower trim panel, about where the driver's right knee cap would be located.

Any idea what this button is and what its function is? (I did not mess with it, as I'd like to know what I'm messing with first).

View attachment 255634
Man, that could be anything. Security system switch, secret James Bond type missile launcher......

Can you trace the wires to see where they go? Whatever it is for, it looks like the switch is in the off position so I don't think it is a kill switch for anything.

Where did you buy the vehicle from?

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your quick replies and humor, folks. Much appreciated.

So, it remains a mystery for all of us. I bought it used, so who knows what a previous owner did.

Now, I'm really hesitant to try it out and see what happens. Perhaps, it is a passenger seat ejection switch.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

So, it remains a mystery for all of us. I bought it used, so who knows what a previous owner did.

Now, I'm really hesitant to try it out and see what happens. Perhaps, it is a passenger seat ejection switch.
Most likely a dead ended switch. Is the wiring anywhere near the bcm? Never know.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Maybe it is a self destruct button and you have 30 seconds to get as far away as you can before we see the mushroom cloud.

Hey, it's a guy thing. You know you are gonna have to toggle that *****!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep