What is the biggest I can put in??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe and was wondering what is the biggest size receiver I can put in. I have seen some posts on here that guys have modified to to put in a bigger size. Not really into the stereo stuff but would like a receiver that would have a video screen up front for my wife to view and an external screen in the back for the rear passengers.

Also,......even though my Tahoe didn't have the entertainment system in it from the factory, is the wiring up in the roof to just plug it up? Just wondering what my options are. I have a 9 year old and I want to put something in for her to watch. What is the best route to go???

Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the information. Maybe someone will know if the wiring is already up there above the headiner.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to run all the wiring up above the headliner. Somepeople splice into the domelight wires for power. But you still have to run the A/V cables up there. Since I had to run the A/V cables anyway, I went ahead and ran the power and ground too. I tied into the Retained Accessory Power wire in the radio harness (a dark green wire) so the screen would power off whenever the radio does.

OP
OP
R

rms25thta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate the info. What would I have to do to modify the cage to get a double din in my 02??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadena