What have you taken a chance on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take a chance on everything I order on Wish.com.... including the rear brake LED strip, still working great... still contemplating getting a 6D LED front bar...

Most recently is my ELM327 OBD dongle, got it yesterday working great so far!(yup and I bought the Torque app too.OBD2dongle.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I take a chance on everything I order on Wish.com.... including the rear brake LED strip, still working great... still contemplating getting a 6D LED front bar...

Most recently is my ELM327 OBD dongle, got it yesterday working great so far!(yup and I bought the Torque app too.View attachment 219314
I have the same one. Works fine.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't know about the sensor, but the bearing for sure is a known bad one. Not all of their parts are that way.

Well the thing is, my original bearing wasn't even bad! I figured I should probably replace it while I'm in there changing the angle sensor. I had read about all the issues with the stock ones so I replaced mine too. I probably should've just kept it.

I think you start getting the stabilitrac warnings. Might be related to having JL4.

When the sensors go bad you start getting a message that says "Service stability". I only got the message occasionally at first. Now it does it every time on the second turn after the system "checks" Stabilitrak, without fail.

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Several years ago the cam position sensor went out, didn't wanna pay for the oem so I bought the Autozone brand. It lasted about a year, worst mistake ever. Its a pain in the a$$ to get to it, I won't cheap out again.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might catch some flack for this opinion, But welcome to the tahoe wheelbase/steering radius. They are "twitchy" as hell and driving them at speed requires constant steering input, they do allow you to make a u turn on a one lane road but it comes at the cost of straight line stability. This opinion is based upon our 03 tahoe which never failed us mechanically but was a chore to drive on roadtrips, our 08 denali xl 131,000 miles is so much more stable on the highway and while towing but your not flipping a u turn like the old tahoe.
get one with a Hybrid

So you can get ESAP or upgrade a normal to ESAP

No bump steer on it :D
Requires user input. :Whoa:
plus No whining :rolleyes:
handling Feels more car like :driver:
upto 10 Free HP gain

At lest the tahoe version of this EPAS is good I can feel the road.. like hydraulic steering

(it's Rack and Pinion System) not the plastic feel toyota's have..

i know some feel dead or numb but they got it spot on with the tahoe version

Roads never seem so straight as they have ever so slight turns in them..

to make a Uturn perfect everytime

turn like your going to turn right then make your u-turn
and you get a perfect uturn everytime I used to do that in my grandpa's pickup it's 245" long (Silverado 1500 LT king cab)

if there is traffic or not clear

take up a bit of the lane on your right
and you can make a Zero point uturn every time this is with a 245" pick up truck (silverado king cab or double cab custom W/8ft bed)

so you can do it fine with your yuk XL..
premium answer question, hundred percent!

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured this could be a good thread to get a discussion going.

So recently I turned 200K and I thought to myself, wow that's a lot of miles and I've replaced a lot along the way, but one thing stands out.

In Jan 2016 I needed front hubs, and funds were low so I took a chance on a set of hubs from Detroit Axle on eBay. I paid $106 for the pair shipped to my door. I installed them no problem, fit perfect.

Well that was two years and 55K miles ago...they've held up great! Original plan was to hope to get 10K out of them and it would be Summer and I could buy Moog or something else but hell, I took a chance on this and it worked out in my favor.

As far as what didn't...I bought one of those $5 USB chargers for the cigarette lighter from a gas station...it started smoking when I was charging my phone. So I recommend going with something like Apple or Samsung for that lol.

Anyone have any other things for their truck that they took a chance on and it worked out...or maybe it didn't?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171199732864
took a chance on a 2008 hybrid with 84,057 miles It has 85,150 miles today and i only had it a month.. 3rd owner but the previus owners had it for a long time from 2009 to 13 and 13 to 18

Good gamble getting awesome mileage average 26.0-27MPG! Highway

WHICH is great since gas price shot up to 3.65-3.85 a gallon for premium dude!
0.135 cents per mile
Little Bandit needs premium!

paid 10,500 but needs minor repair to the fender it will be 150$ for that at a salvage yard

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Sierra Denali just rolled 100k miles last summer. I didn't have any issues per se, but I decided it was time to replace the shocks and struts. The fronts are the strut/spring assembly, and the rear take standard shocks in concert with the leaf springs. I bought the set of four from Rock Auto - front strut/spring assemblies, rear shocks, for a TOTAL of $200 shipped. Installed them myself, had an alignment done, and they've been great since. 9 months and 5000 miles, no complaints. Pleasantly surprised.

Don't really have anything to report on the Suburban - It's approaching 200k miles and it's just about all original. I've replaced no major components, hell I haven't even had to do the brakes in almost 100k miles.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I took a chance on a 2013 Tahoe LTZ with 71,000 on the odometer. BIG CHANCE! Bought floor mats, center console tray, trash bag, and a rear seat dog hammock from Amazon. Good so far. New tires from Discount Tire, good as well.

The volt meter moves from 12 to 15 on different days, not sure what that means. The rear washer fluid hose came loose, put it back together, that was ok. The dirver side door arm rest/handle is broken on the underside, not sure what to do with that. The XM radio does not go to the high channels (200-300 range) but otherwise sounds better than my home stereo.

The real bother for me is that the thing has a bad sway, I wouldn't call it a roll. It feels like the back sways which cause the front to want to over steer. It takes alot of concentration when traveling the three hours up North to our cabin. Getting a little more use to it but the vehicle just should be doing that.

So my wife had a flat tire last week and asked to take my Tahoe to run some errands. Ended up getting hit by a drunk driver. She's mostly okay, not too beat up, but my 08 Tahoe was totaled. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2011 Z71 with 70k miles last night and it has that exact same damn issue with the broken door handle/arm rest that I didn't notice until today. No idea what to do, I never saw it in my old 08 Tahoe (and that one was up to 145k miles).

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I took a chance on a 2013 Tahoe LTZ with 71,000 on the odometer. BIG CHANCE!
That's considered taking a chance? I must be the riskiest sumbitch on the face of the earth. The least I've ever started with is 113K miles. Newest one was 9 years old.

EDIT: Irony being that I took a chance that I could deal with an SSV. No. Shopping again.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So my wife had a flat tire last week and asked to take my Tahoe to run some errands. Ended up getting hit by a drunk driver. She's mostly okay, not too beat up, but my 08 Tahoe was totaled. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2011 Z71 with 70k miles last night and it has that exact same damn issue with the broken door handle/arm rest that I didn't notice until today. No idea what to do, I never saw it in my old 08 Tahoe (and that one was up to 145k miles).
Thank God she was in a big suv and not a Honda! Glad she's ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792