What goes here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions:
1. What is supposed to go in the velcro straps behind the tire-iron in the rear cargo hidey-hole? (See picture)

2. The interior lights don't come on when I open the liftgate... they all come on normally when unlocking/opening the doors. Are they supposed to come on? If so where is the switch/setting? It's dark back there at night.

3. Where is the best place to buy the cargo/grocery net?

Well, I guess that was 3 questions. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20220404_194954.jpg
    20220404_194954.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 18

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Guessing it’s missing the lug nut bar…the other bar should be to lower the spare tire. Course in my case all the stuff is located in the left removable interior panel…I had a flat in under 500 miles and the dealer must’ve put all the stuff back in that corner area (had to look as it was laying in the bottom of it).

2. If the light doesn’t turn on when opening your doors either, the button is located on the console near the rear view mirror. It’s in the middle of that area and has an OFF label on it…guessing it’s off.

Another tip…to force the interior lights on you need to push and hold a light for a few seconds…do the reverse to set it back to normal.

3. I bought a generic one off Amazon…it works ok. Link to it is here. My wife’s Traverse has the actual GM one which has a zipper bag to contain the net when it’s not in use. Kinda wish I went that route.

Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did not have anything in the straps either, don't know about the interior lights have not tried at night yet.

OP
OP
C

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. If the light doesn’t turn on when opening your doors either, the button is located on the console near the rear view mirror. It’s in the middle of that area and has an OFF label on it…guessing it’s off.

All the lights turn on just fine when opening the doors. Just not when opening the liftgate. Even the POS 2000 Jeep cherokee I had in college turned the interior lights on with the liftgate.

Thanks for the tip on the off button. I didn't know that was there, but I don't think that is the issue.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was empty too. I wonder if it’s there to retain the roof cross bars if you have them? I intend to use them to restrain my ball mount in the back so I always have it.

Larsonxjs

Reaction score
Check the lighting options in the manual. My rear interior lights come on along with the ground Chevy emblem when I approach the Tahoe.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out and checked my Yukon using the handsfree foot swing on the GMC logo and all LED interior lights came on when the liftgate opened including the ones overhead in the rear cargo area.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's where the lugnut wrench and handle to drop the spare are located, then where is the scissor jack located?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that's where the lugnut wrench and handle to drop the spare are located, then where is the scissor jack located?

You think they'd put that info in the owner's manual. ;) Apparently just a bottle jack:

1649126620087.png