what else shoukd i do to tahoe..........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wht06shee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next week I'm buying a 2/4 drop kit from tony. With end links, helper bags, bump stops. And I'm going to buy the r1 concepts front and rear rotors and ss lines.
I'm wondering while I'm doing all this should I do anything while im in there??? I.e. wheel bearing or something along those lines??..??..
07 tahoe with 70k miles
Thanks

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next week I'm buying a 2/4 drop kit from tony. With end links, helper bags, bump stops. And I'm going to buy the r1 concepts front and rear rotors and ss lines.
I'm wondering while I'm doing all this should I do anything while im in there??? I.e. wheel bearing or something along those lines??..??..
07 tahoe with 70k miles
Thanks

If you're wheel bearings are original you might as well hit those, too, while you're there. My favorite brand is Timken and the cheapest I've found them is on rockauto.com. Be sure and use the TYF code given by Rock Auto in their Vendor section and save 5% :waytogo: Everything else should be good if your ride is good. I always do a good thorough visual check while everything is off, though.

OP
OP
wht06shee

wht06shee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the bearings the whole hubs assembly as well?? And what about in rear??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the whole hub assembly for the front. The rear requires more than just your basic tools so you may want to leave that to a professional and therefore wait until it actually starts giving you problems. The rear bearing looks like this
getimage.php

The front assembly looks like
getimage.php

OP
OP
wht06shee

wht06shee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks man, ill buy the front assembly's next week when I order everything else.
Next oil change Gunna have dealer flush coolant, and change front and rear fluids and transfer case, than I'm hoping it will be good to go for another 70k miles with everything.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck