What do I need Now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my Alpine PDX-5 amp and Focals installed with the help of JK. HA Actually Jeff finished the install of parts I gave him while I stood there and talked. The sound is trully clear and loud! I am real happy with thw sound and the install clean look. Showing it off to my friends everyone is liking it. :)
Here is the problem. Amoung having the windshield crack all the way across this morning, I Noticed today my interior lights and guage lights are flickering when I increase the volume lets say up to 26 and above. First thought was must need bigger alternator. I rasied the rpm to about 2k and yes they are still flickering at that point. When I let go of the rev. The Tahoe actually almost stumbled. I thought it was going to shut off. :emotions122: What are the recommendations? Alternator, smaller pulley, a second battery. I currently have one Optima Yellow top, 4200dvd, Focal 165vr front and 165cvx rear, & 10" MTX subs being pushed by Alpine PDX-5.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you checked connections at the battery, what is voltage at idle, and when your hammering the system?

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir I have not checked. I currently dont have a mutimeter available. I guess I will have to see if I can get one and start there before I start spinning wheels. Thx..

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me buzz next time you're in the area on the way to work or whatever and I'll check it out for you and see what's going on.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds Good Jeff I will see when I can swing by thx. Blueflamed03 made me think when he said hammering it. I was cranking it up to show it off. I guess this could be normal because more current is being pulled. I regularly am not going to listen to it at that volume. I just got worried when the Hoe stumbled. This has never happened before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper