What do I need to eliminate Bose Amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
I have done a ton of research and just don't see the answer to this so I'm going to post it. I apologize because I feel like it has been asked a 100 times, just not clear to me. I'm replacing the complete Bose audio system in my 05 Tahoe. RPO code says UQ7 but no Y91.

Alpine iLX-W650
Alpine KTA-450 Power Pack
Kicker 6.5 door speakers
Crossovers to the pillar speakers
Kicker PT250 10" Subwoofer with Built-In 100W Amplifier
Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

I am going to bypass the Bose AMP to the speakers direct from the Alpine and then new wire to the sub mounted behind rear seats. I found wire colors for the door speakers but not for radio constant power, switched power, ground, and dimmer. Here are the questions I have:

1. Is there an adapter that would make this easier?
2. If there isn't an adapter, what wires on the radio harness are for constant power, switched power, ground and dimmer?

Thanks for any help and again sorry for a repeated question. Maybe there is an install guide somewhere and I just haven't found it...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call Crutchfield and ask them about an adapter wire harness for your year/model truck. They should be able to provide you with the correct one.

MeloMX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont know if you have gone down this path but I will humbly advise you NOT TO CUT THE WIRE HARNESS that goes to your bose amp underneath the center console. I have an 04 Tahoe with the Bose system no Y91 RPO code and I installed my own standalone system. I still dont have steering wheel controls, chimes, 12v switched power, dimmer circuit for new radio, etc. I did not realize how vital that amp is to other features of the vehicle. I am currently trying to navigate this forum now to figure out what I can do now because all I have are cut wires going into my center console. If you do find out something please let us know.

OP
OP
davidbeaver1

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
Thanks MeloMX. Here is a video I found that shows how to create a bypass for the Bose amp.
Start around 2:30 mark on the video and it will show you how to create the bypass connector. I bought a connector from Walmart and followed the video to a tee making my own connector. Once I did that, I purchased a PAC RP5-GM11 to retain the RAP and steering wheel controls.