What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I had quite the chuckle this morning with my spastic gas needle. Axel F was playing on the oldies station and the needle was just jumping along with it. I'd upload video but it's too large. Hysterical though. Have a good one today!

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had quite the chuckle this morning with my spastic gas needle. Axel F was playing on the oldies station and the needle was just jumping along with it. I'd upload video but it's too large. Hysterical though. Have a good one today!
Mine is just jiggly for now. At some point it will go full wild. I use the trip odometer as a sanity check since I swear that needle goes down even when filling up.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Mine is just jiggly for now. At some point it will go full wild. I use the trip odometer as a sanity check since I swear that needle goes down even when filling up.

My trip is my life saver too. My gauge is pretty accurate when it doesn't decide to start dancing. It also will spin around and get caught on my oil pressure gauge which cracks me up too when it happens and then I have to bounce the truck to get it to let go.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trip is my life saver too. My gauge is pretty accurate when it doesn't decide to start dancing. It also will spin around and get caught on my oil pressure gauge which cracks me up too when it happens and then I have to bounce the truck to get it to let go.

That can eventually jack up the oil pressure gauge too, that’s when I’m gonna drop the $60 on the fuel gauge.

This is all according to internet research, FYI.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
That can eventually jack up the oil pressure gauge too, that’s when I’m gonna drop the $60 on the fuel gauge.

This is all according to internet research, FYI.

The oil pressure gauge is sometimes FUBAR as well, it will red line past 80 when I first crank it up and head out

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Today should be a good day. A very nice, clean OBS K1500 extended cab truck just got admitted to the graveyard. I had a chance to look it over yesterday and it has a very nice left fender (which I definitely need) and two front seats that look like they are in really good shape and still move. Too bad it didn't go to the graveyard yesterday when it was 40% off. But that's ok, gonna leave work early and go get dirty :) I am going to try and get the new dash in this weekend because I'll have the seats out and I can finally fix my blend door and my air will blow out of just one vent. It's like it is all coming together....finally. Then the rust is going to get handled on the roof and the hinges and she'll be pretty stable for a bit. Of course I just cursed myself with all these hopes and dreams so I'm just going to say that Frankenbetty is going to screw me over again. LOL

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Today should be a good day. A very nice, clean OBS K1500 extended cab truck just got admitted to the graveyard. I had a chance to look it over yesterday and it has a very nice left fender (which I definitely need) and two front seats that look like they are in really good shape and still move. Too bad it didn't go to the graveyard yesterday when it was 40% off. But that's ok, gonna leave work early and go get dirty :) I am going to try and get the new dash in this weekend because I'll have the seats out and I can finally fix my blend door and my air will blow out of just one vent. It's like it is all coming together....finally. Then the rust is going to get handled on the roof and the hinges and she'll be pretty stable for a bit. Of course I just cursed myself with all these hopes and dreams so I'm just going to say that Frankenbetty is going to screw me over again. LOL
Could you get a pic of the new donor vehicle? Always like graveyard pics.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
It blows my mind some of the stuff I see at the yard. Other stuff I wonder how the hell they got it there. This one does look pretty clean. I'm going to guess motor or tranny let go. But I'll rob as much as I can. I might even see if that hood is worth it. It looks like a bad spot on the front left, but hopefully it is just a bad picture. I don't remember if it was a good hood or not when I was ogling it from outside the fence yesterday. My kid scored a dash for a 4th Gen Transam, he's currently building a new one from a roller and he got something for his C10. My neighbors must think we are the biggest bunch of rednecks. Got nothing but trucks and my 2door in the driveway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz