What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It blows my mind some of the stuff I see at the yard. Other stuff I wonder how the hell they got it there. This one does look pretty clean. I'm going to guess motor or tranny let go. But I'll rob as much as I can. I might even see if that hood is worth it. It looks like a bad spot on the front left, but hopefully it is just a bad picture. I don't remember if it was a good hood or not when I was ogling it from outside the fence yesterday. My kid scored a dash for a 4th Gen Transam, he's currently building a new one from a roller and he got something for his C10. My neighbors must think we are the biggest bunch of rednecks. Got nothing but trucks and my 2door in the driveway.
Hood looked like it had a rust spot there. Might just be minor surface tho. I used to live in the yards years ago. Always good stuff there. Gotta check the glove boxes, trunks, under the seats, center consoles, cubbys --even the visors. You'll be amazed at the stuff you find! I've found some awesome stuff over the years. I always went in army BDU's--for the big pockets. Nice for fuses, relays, small switches--steering wheels etc lol. I'm not saying to steal it--just borrow lol. Return it when you're eventually done with it.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today should be a good day. A very nice, clean OBS K1500 extended cab truck just got admitted to the graveyard. I had a chance to look it over yesterday and it has a very nice left fender (which I definitely need) and two front seats that look like they are in really good shape and still move. Too bad it didn't go to the graveyard yesterday when it was 40% off. But that's ok, gonna leave work early and go get dirty :) I am going to try and get the new dash in this weekend because I'll have the seats out and I can finally fix my blend door and my air will blow out of just one vent. It's like it is all coming together....finally. Then the rust is going to get handled on the roof and the hinges and she'll be pretty stable for a bit. Of course I just cursed myself with all these hopes and dreams so I'm just going to say that Frankenbetty is going to screw me over again. LOL

I’ll toss out a suggestion in case you run into this.

The box containing the three dampers (defrost, panel and floor vent) has two that are pressed into brackets that connect to the actuator motor. Your dampers are likely rotted at the edges and the foam on the top of the box is probably shot as well.

Getting those dampers pressed off of the linkage is difficult even with the box sitting on a bench. Mine broke at the plastic, requiring either careful gluing or just replacing the box. I just bought a new box - it’s GM part number 52467204 and available on amazon for around $70. It includes the dampers already installed. The third damper that routes air to the floor just drops in and is easily replaced. I’d replace that as well and put some new foam on the top of the box.

d6bc7d660e052b5b68fb599135acc6e7.jpg

cd8666b3d02afa0dc3a4fb5a245bed2c.jpg

Separating the top of the box without pulling it from the vehicle may be a challenge since there are several screws that are against the firewall. It fits together like a clamshell. I haven’t tried to do it without pulling it, but pulling it requires a coolant drain down and opening the a/c lines.

It can snowball if you pull it - the evaporator line loves to rust and seize where it connects to the accumulator and there isn’t a lot of room to work to begin with. In my case, I was replacing the entire a/c system so it didn’t matter, but it’s something to keep in mind.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Thanks!!! The evaporator is the only thing we didn't replace. The dash does have to come out for replacement so I'll check everything really good. And thank you for the part numbee as well

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Strange--the 4 isn't lined up with the other numbers. Looks a hair higher. Wonder if it was tampered with.

Didn't even catch that! I did score today. That truck was not as good as I thought, god it was a total shitshow. However, it had manual seat slide . And I found a nice cowl cover that isn't in sixty pieces. My truck is like that Johnny Cash song, One Piece at a Time

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
What a great day today. Got my manual seat slides mounted and in the truck. Gonna go through my other two sets and see if they are a little firmer or in better shape. Right now I've got seatcovers on because my seats are tan, my interior is grey and my rear seat is maroon. I also have windshield washers now!!! That alone was awesome today! I think I'm going to rhino-line the outside, not sure yet. Thinking midnight blue with some charcoal grey or brighter grey fender flares. Gonna need a new left fender, mine is tweaked. But here are some pics from today. Seats all the way back and seats all the way forward.

20200102_173040.jpg 20200102_173009.jpg 20200102_173000.jpg 20200102_173030.jpg 20200102_170505.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great day today. Got my manual seat slides mounted and in the truck. Gonna go through my other two sets and see if they are a little firmer or in better shape. Right now I've got seatcovers on because my seats are tan, my interior is grey and my rear seat is maroon. I also have windshield washers now!!! That alone was awesome today! I think I'm going to rhino-line the outside, not sure yet. Thinking midnight blue with some charcoal grey or brighter grey fender flares. Gonna need a new left fender, mine is tweaked. But here are some pics from today. Seats all the way back and seats all the way forward.

View attachment 237704 View attachment 237705 View attachment 237706 View attachment 237707 View attachment 237708
Very nice! But please don’t rhino line it..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins