What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would typically refer to the turn signal stalk.
Yep thats the one. When my wipers went out so i bought that plus a wiper motor assuming one would fix it. Tried the motor first since it was easier and that was it. Never got around to returning the switch so i decided to do it to get some of my white lettering back. Probably not worth the effort just for cosmetics.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inlaws have a 94 k1500 suburban. I installed All AC Delco Professional pitman arm, idler arm/bracket, tie rods, sway bar endlinks. I used the string method for toe until i get an alignment. Today is rag joint and adjusting the steering gear to reduce slop.

e8757b203da03e6196455b3d5dff3bc7.jpg

Last edited:

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced:
Lower intake manifold gaskets
Spider conversion
Idler pulley & Tensioner (noisy)
Distributor (broke the plastic)
Plugs/wires
Coil
ICM
Crank position sensor (got dirty with the above)

I lost 2 days chasing that damn sensor failure from letting coolant run into it while draining the radiator with the clip unplugged. The ground strap for the ignition system (by the crank sensor) was also deteriorated and broke.
Even pulled the upper intake a 2nd time to verify my work in there, only for the easiest sensor to replace to be the culprit!

I jokingly told the wife that next time I could probably cut my time in half!

Last edited:

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inlaws have a 94 k1500 suburban. I installed All AC Delco Professional pitman arm, idler arm/bracket, tie rods, sway bar endlinks. I used the string method for toe until i get an alignment. Today is rag joint and adjusting the steering gear to reduce slop.

e8757b203da03e6196455b3d5dff3bc7.jpg
the quest to drive in a straight line, i'm doing the same right now. I'm replacing the rag joint with the flaming river universal joint, it's supposed to be a big improvement

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the quest to drive in a straight line, i'm doing the same right now. I'm replacing the rag joint with the flaming river universal joint, it's supposed to be a big improvement

They won’t warranty my alignment due to steering slip. I know the tie rods are shot, it was on the list before upper intake gaskets took a dump.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I actually solved a problem on FrankenBetty this weekend. My a/c compressor was randomly shutting off. After reviewing everything replaced with that system and some help from the Google, I determined that the pressure sensor on the accumulator wasn't new, it was the old one. Replaced and viola! System runs like it should. I was also able to score a pristine dash at Daytona's Turkey Rod Run in the swap meet and when we replace that, I think we're going to look at my blend doors to be sure they are lined up and actually working so that I quit getting air out of top, middle and bottom vents. I think that project is occurring in two weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9