What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lived in Montana, Great Falls to be specific, and know full well that you're just weeks away from the first snow storm of winter. Best get out soon.

Naturally, I'd suggest buying shocks in pairs, cheap will be better than broken. Buy Bilsteins when you're flush again. I drove 5,000 miles on OEM Rancho shocks on my SuperDuty before trashing them and installing Bilsteins, now at 60,000+ miles they still feel new. Stiff, but solid. The Ranchos were like having no shocks at all.

I'd bet that there is a center cap that will fit, but don't know which one.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I lived in Montana, Great Falls to be specific, and know full well that you're just weeks away from the first snow storm of winter. Best get out soon.

Naturally, I'd suggest buying shocks in pairs, cheap will be better than broken. Buy Bilsteins when you're flush again. I drove 5,000 miles on OEM Rancho shocks on my SuperDuty before trashing them and installing Bilsteins, now at 60,000+ miles they still feel new. Stiff, but solid. The Ranchos were like having no shocks at all.

oh i m outta here very soon and back to cali soon. i need to find replacements similar to my edelbrocks tech. monroe has them. the road that broke it is no longer traveled and has been re-patched again. cps will not it unless i get shorter nuts. nut set and locks are staying so caps will stay off.

2door2wheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post a pic. Please note the wheel maker recommended double accorn wheel nuts. They failed to mention the wheel caps would not go on afterwards and I already bought them so I will just paint the exposed centers one day. Sorry I don't have a better pic.
20180630_162720.jpg
Hey I’m not sure where you live but I have a black parts truck if you want the hood you can have it I’m located in ny

offrdr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

as i am in the general vicinity of that great area, i am getting ready for winter. scrubbed off all the crap from the hoe this weekend, jumped it, and bam-started right up. need to find some more aggressive tires, and i am ready. bring it winter!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BMW recommends bleeding the entire brake system every two years which would prevent problems like seized bleeder screws and bad wheel cylinders/stuck caliper pistons for the most part.

While I doubt most of us will do that task quite that often, I wouldn't go beyond five years between system bleeds. There is just no way to keep moisture out of the brake fluid which rusts lots of components.

I agree, I normally do the DOT3 in all of my trucks every 24 months as you mentioned.

I had only held off on doing the DOT3 in the Yukon because I knew I was going to change the master cylinder.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fresh oil change for the upcoming fall season

I finally got around to doing the AC system last week: new Delphi compressor, AC Delco- condenser/dryer/orifice tube, Four Seasons lines.

Still waiting on a High Side pressure switch...... flippin Amazon Prime, said it was delivered 2 days ago and I was told to wait another 36 hours. I was actually in the driveway on a conference call when they claim it was "delivered"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645