What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TARDIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First RoadTrip after “restoring” the BarnFind Yukon

Testing out the new KYB shocks and 285s

E6D3947C-FA5F-4A1D-9059-6271E3B4F982.jpeg

Drove 450 miles. Got an average of 15mpg and a smooth ride down the highways. Even BeachDriving was cake!

Last edited:

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tying the string alignment and did a measurement of the rear end and it's 1/4 off on one side I looked over the leafsprings, bushings and nothing moving or worn out.i have replaced the the rear end yrs ago the pins lined up fine with hole on the leafspring plate so can I adjust that 1/4 off set.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a bunch of checks on my rig today, leaving Friday for a two week excursion through Colorado, checked, cleaned, and regapped plugs, inspected front and rear suspension, put my center caps in, checked torques, found a space out of the way for my full size floor jack. Did find that I need a new pitman arm so I’ll get one and put it in this week....cannot wait to get the hell out of Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TARDIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice where is that?

First RoadTrip after “RestoMod” for my BarnFind.

This is Carova Beach, NC, on the OBX.

The KYB shocks and the Radar Renegade AT5s made a super smooth and quiet ride.

This is the first chance to really experience the truck after fixing it up.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First RoadTrip after “RestoMod” for my BarnFind.

This is Carova Beach, NC, on the OBX.

The KYB shocks and the Radar Renegade AT5s made a super smooth and quiet ride.

This is the first chance to really experience the truck after fixing it up.
Sweet. We have a place in washington where we can drive on the beach too. Im headed there next month, its about a 3 hour drive. Unfortuntately my 98 two door isnt ready for that kind of miles yet do i'll be in my 06 lexus gs430. Be a nice freeway ride but not so much in the sand.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Just a few months ago finally bought the other two new wheels after several years of putting it off and bought my first set of 4 new dueler revo 2 tires. Was going to install wiring upgrade next but now I am jobless, homeless, sick and stranded in missoula montana wishing I could get home to California. Wire upgrade will have to wait a little longer.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Forgot to post a pic. Please note the wheel maker recommended double accorn wheel nuts. They failed to mention the wheel caps would not go on afterwards and I already bought them so I will just paint the exposed centers one day. Sorry I don't have a better pic.
20180630_162720.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17