What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the transfer case is out decided to clean up the transfer case wiring and added new speed sensor plugs and finally put new universal joints for the rear driveshaft, front shaft is already done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TARDIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man i would like to do this. Did you have it done at a shop?

I did not do the replacement A/C system. I had my local shop do it. From evaporator to compressor, lines, and accumulator. The guys there are great.

Then I ran new duct work and a new cage blower under the dash. Luckily, all the actuators and resistors could be reused.

Right now I'm working on an air circulation system in place of the useless 4x10s in the rear roof, using an OEM Suburban Rear A/C controller. I powered the controller using T-Tap connectors from the map lights and a Grey (Key-On) line form the stereo.

I fished lines to the rear speaker housing. I got a side load 252cfm 4" fans.
(Like this, but not this one)

Breathing in a few inches away, the fan exhausts in the opposite direction. This circulates the 51.7 cu.ft. of air in the cargo and rear seats 3 times per minute. It does not provide any heating or refrigerating, but it does move the air from the front to the back a lot faster.

Plus they're mounted under the speaker cover so it doesn't look out of place.
Problem is, I need 3 wire fans to adjust the speed, so I need to return and re-order.

Originally I used a laundry dryer PVC exhaust with fins to direct the air. It was too deep and unnecessary. An easier way to direct the exhaust was to attach a 45 degree elbow to the exhaust.

8F7AC10A-FA0F-47CB-A031-FC06D6806292.jpeg 5DE27EC2-0BC9-43FE-839C-19B3D3231DB8.jpeg

Last edited:

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not do the replacement A/C system. I had my local shop do it. From evaporator to compressor, lines, and accumulator. The guys there are great.

Then I ran new duct work and a new cage blower under the dash. Luckily, all the actuators and resistors could be reused.

Right now I'm working on an air circulation system in place of the useless 4x10s in the rear roof, using an OEM Suburban Rear A/C controller. I powered the controller using T-Tap connectors from the map lights and a Grey (Key-On) line form the stereo.

I fished lines to the rear speaker housing. I got a side load 252cfm 4" fans.
(Like this, but not this one)

Breathing in a few inches away, the fan exhausts in the opposite direction. This circulates the 51.7 cu.ft. of air in the cargo and rear seats 3 times per minute. It does not provide any heating or refrigerating, but it does move the air from the front to the back a lot faster.

Plus they're mounted under the speaker cover so it doesn't look out of place.
Problem is, I need 3 wire fans to adjust the speed, so I need to return and re-order.

Originally I used a laundry dryer PVC exhaust with fins to direct the air. It was too deep and unnecessary. An easier way to direct the exhaust was to attach a 45 degree elbow to the exhaust.

View attachment 204525 View attachment 204526
very cool

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the 02 Silverado master cylinder mod was money well spent, not to mention having new clear brake fluid in the truck; I don't think the DOT3 had ever been flushed

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I replaced both rear wheel cylinders and both front calipers for under $65.

Bled the lines and now I'm good to go.......brakes better then it ever has. The main issue was the drivers side rear wheel cylinder was seized closed.

Next up.............. new AC compressor, Hi side fitting, orifice tube and re-fill. Boom, rolling like its 1999 again...nice an chilly

BMW recommends bleeding the entire brake system every two years which would prevent problems like seized bleeder screws and bad wheel cylinders/stuck caliper pistons for the most part.

While I doubt most of us will do that task quite that often, I wouldn't go beyond five years between system bleeds. There is just no way to keep moisture out of the brake fluid which rusts lots of components.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you need it rebuilt the transfer case,can you drive it without the transfer case on it.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a heavy duty rack basket. It fits and clamps to the OEM roof rack. The red on the basket are polyurethane seals to keep most of the water away from the tubes to reduce rust. The shiny plastic near the front is a wind shield. Maximum cargo weight is 150 pounds which makes sense since the OEM rack max is 200 pounds and the basket weighs 50 pounds. I like the increase in utility the basket gives me.

2v2JqeWDNxQKds.jpg

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got baby some new shoes the other day off of overland market, brand new Toyo open country a/t 285-75-17 with new Pro Comp wheels $500 cash not a bad deal, and just in time for my two week camping trip to Colorado!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec