What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought maybe just the camera, but it just looked so white (and the back of the pad) I had to ask. I know @NORCAL SS paints them.
Yeah. It does look white depending on the size of the screen and I did paint my calipers black to freshen them up so that adds to the contrast :)

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ordered the Pioneer 8200NEX for my '95 Yukon, to bring it into the 21st century. It's also the same unit I have in my 04 F-350, so I'm somewhat familiar with it. I ordered the double DIN bezel yesterday to enable the install.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having issues with my 4wd, went ahead and put back my abs module, figured out a way to kind of bleed the abs, just have to bleed the brakes some more and then I’ll take it to a shop tomorrow to have them do an abs bleed and bleed the rest of the brakes and see what I end up with.... fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Right now just the included controller for the flex-a-lite 280 fans. It is a single stage unit with a prewired sensor that affixes to the radiator fins.
@SunlitComet - I just purchased the Flex A Lite 280 dual electric fan bolt on kit for my 99 Hoe with the 5.7L V8. I know the manufacturer writes the unit draws up to 28 amps. I was thinking this might also be a good time to upgrade my alternator from the stock 105 amp to at least a 140 amp unit. Yes? No? Any suggestions on a make/model I should go with?

I also would like to know if you think I should upgrade the battery cables and the power cable from the battery to the alternator with thicker gauge cables - a 2 gauge? 4 gauge? I just want to make sure I don't burn up my electrical system by adding this dual electric fan set-up and I'm supplying the power the system needs, especially when the vehicle is running at idle with the AC on max and maxed out fan speed in the summer heat in Phoenix!

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts