What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i replaced everything with stock - fronts, rears. compressor. i originally was not going to replace the compressor & opt to rebuild but even i - the self proclaimed rebuild queen (some may argue cheap. i prefer frugal, + it has 300k so anything i don’t have to drop a stack on - i try not to) can’t do much with a pile of rust. so i bought a new oem one .

i have an autel maxisys mini with current , active subscription & updated as recent as today. it can pull all codes & perform all functions of the tech2 short of programming modules as i don’t have a j2453.

im getting codes C0575, C0590, C0580 - all but driver left damper actuator circuit open. i’ve checked all fuses, the relays, the ALC relay under the fuse box. i have a p200 power probe that can do all electronic stuff. i tested the relays with that. they are functioning.

the only thing i’m curious about is the possibility of a delete for the auto ride being installed prior to me. if so i can’t find it. i don’t have any codes for service ride control & never have. i should absolutely have had them since my suspension system was a rust encompassing facade made to look like a suspension system.

everything is brand new. i’m lost. help

when i active test - the dampeners get no reading.
have you checked the suspension control module?
if you have rust the module is probably rusty as well, it should be up under the spare, might be worth a shot to try and clean up the connection
this video may be helpful

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my car and GF's Highlander to a friend's shop to get the Fluid Film undercoating. We were his last undercoatings of the year so he spent more time spraying it than normal, which was cool. Prior to spraying mine he helped me search for an annoying oil drip, which seems to maybe? be coming from the oil cooler gasket, and the oil dipstick tube where it fits into the bottom of the block. They are seeping vs. leaking, but it's annoying. He pulled out the oil cooler gasket and cleaned it up. We were going fly over to the nearest parts store to see if they had the $6 gasket in stock, but they never answered their phone (probably why they have a one-star online rating by Google & Yelp).

Didn't have a ton of time to mess around, so he flipped the gasket around (its symetrical) and tightened the two 10mm bolts to industry standard.

He only wanted $200 to spray both cars, but I threw him $300 for his help with the oil cooler gasket, and to go towards their incoming newborn. Plus brought over a bunch of beer, because that's a universal payment.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
took the kids to school and then parked it up on ramps, waiting for the 02 sensors to be delivered today.
put the wifes 05 up for sale

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you order your O2’s from? OEM? You’ll have to let us know what the boxes look like. It seems there are two or three different outer packages now. Some come with the protective cardboard ring over the sensor end others do not. Some have GM/Delco writing on them others just have the Delphi(?) number.
I’ll be curious to see what these ones have.
ok, so the
downstream (gm genuine) came loose in a gm box
they are clearly marked NTK (typical for gm to use another brand name)
both of them measured 6.2~6.3 ohm's
the ones I removed both measured 6.2 ohm's

the upstream Delphi, came in a delphi box, in a bag, zip tied, protective plastic cover and instructions stating "hey dummy" remove the plastic cover
they are marked Delphi and a manufacture lot number
1 measured 6.1 ohm's
1 measured 5.9 ohm's

the one's I removed
1 measured 5.4 ohm's
1 measured 5.3 ohm's

cleared the cat code and reset the fuel trims, I guess I will see in a couple days if the 1/2 ohm difference really matters or not

ntk.jpgntk1.jpgntk2.jpg

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 measured 6.1 ohm's
1 measured 5.9 ohm's

the one's I removed
1 measured 5.4 ohm's
1 measured 5.3 ohm's

cleared the cat code and reset the fuel trims, I guess I will see in a couple days if the 1/2 ohm difference really matters or not

I’ve never thrown a meter on mine to check the resistance. While it “could” be odd that they are all off by a little bit, that figure could also be related to any number of things. Hopefully they work out fine.
That also clears up the debate about whether they are “legit” or chi-knock offs with the packaging being different.
I can’t remember if it was @Tonyrodz or @Just Fishing who ordered a set around the same time I did a couple years back, and we both had different packaging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019