What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 inch flowmaster flow fx muffler and resonator delete. Sounds good very mellow, supposed to get louder overtime like the magnaflow muffler.
I ran those dbx mufflers on my subaru, and I have one on my Chevy lug truck you like them too I almost put them on the tahoe, curious to see how that sounds!

But yeah, they are glasspacked so they won't break in a little bit

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Also one is made in Mexico and one is Made in USA

I got counterfeit ngk sparkplugs off of ebay one time.
Like they looked really close to the originals, just minor differences and a somewhat rough look on the electrode.

Not saying the filters are counterfeit, but changes like this make me wonder.

I would say go to a local auto parts store and take a look at what they have in stock.
See if it looks like that.

Also get a feel for the can, does it feel like it's thinner?

if it's a fram with a nut welded on then I would run away fast. :ehcapt:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Tahoe started struggling to start a little.
Looking at the battery, I see it's 5 years old.
Usually I would just dump it at this point, but then I learned I can sometimes restore a battery using my DC stick welder.

So I yanked that pig out last night and popped the caps off.
I found the fkn water level was low on nearly every cell, I could see the top of the lead. :banghead:

Topped it off, then stuck the welder on there in DC+ for a few min on the lowest setting and let it boil the water for a bit.
I tried turning it up another step but then one of the cells started boiling over.

Good enough, used a little sucker tool to pull up some of that electrolyte and balanced the cells a little better using it.
So far so good!
Tahoe sounds like it has a fresh battery :happy160:
So maybe $100 saved.

Then I decided I needed some gear out of my Jeep today, I found the remote wouldn't respond?!
I opened the door with the key and found my dumbass left my bluetooth obd2 dongle installed for the past few weeks.

it still had a single light on, so hopefully the battery didn't totally freeze.
it was dead enough that the interior lights didn't even try to turn on. :banghead:

I took that super old charger I bought at an estate sale over the summer and turned it on for a few minutes.
Jeep cranks right up like it's fully charged.

I love that heavy ass charger.
1699645087747.png

The insides look like the DC part of my Lincon stick welder.

:hmmm2:

:fuckyea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris