What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Managed to get it off somehow without breaking any plastic tabs which is unusual for me, appears the screen cover is plastic welded on and they just gave out, luckily the post's are large enough and already hollow inside so I just put some small screws and washers in it seems to be good enough saved $90 for a used seat back which would have been the next choice View attachment 391555View attachment 391556View attachment 391557
I was too late to tell you to slip a putty knife in that crack, move it up and down to locate those tabs, then use it to push in on them to release. I found out when I installed Katskins on mine. There’s a few tricks to working on those seats. How to install the covers on the headrests in kinda cool, involves a strong vacuum cleaner hose. :rolleyes:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you think Wes's son kicks his seat?!?
i'm just guessing that's what happened or he tried to use it as a step, I don't go for the kids pushing on the seat or being annoying like that I jump all over them for it, could be a I had some groceries or something back there as well and pushed on it I loaded a bunch of stuff from costco back there a couple days ago

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was too late to tell you to slip a putty knife in that crack, move it up and down to locate those tabs, then use it to push in on them to release. I found out when I installed Katskins on mine. There’s a few tricks to working on those seats. How to install the covers on the headrests in kinda cool, involves a strong vacuum cleaner hose. :rolleyes:
I watched a video of a guy basically ripping his off on youtube and took a more gently approach and I looked up some on ebay so I could see the backside and see where the tabs are. Didn't break anything so that's a plus.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
clean the intake and throw some injector cleaner in it for a few tank fulls, usually that will smooth the idle out, plugs should not go bad that fast unless they were fakes. I drive the pisss out of mine and the only change the plugs about every 60 or so and never have any misfire issues. I do clean the intake about every 3 months and randomly throw injector cleaner in it probably about the same every 3 months or so.
if that doesn't work have a injector service done, that usually runs under a $100, usually around $80 but inflation has hit so no telling anymore.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to research last time my throttle body was cleaned and it was back in like 2017, a good 100k miles ago. I know because I was struggling with the idle relearn process LOL. But I'll get some chevron injector cleaner and i think this time remove throttle body and clean without moving plate. I believe a gasket is needed when removing throttle. Maybe not but at almost 250k miles, I'll be safe.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this forum, I was able to research last time my throttle body was cleaned and it was back in like 2017, a good 100k miles ago. I know because I was struggling with the idle relearn process LOL. But I'll get some chevron injector cleaner and i think this time remove throttle body and clean without moving plate. I believe a gasket is needed when removing throttle. Maybe not but at almost 250k miles, I'll be safe.

It's an O-ring. You can clean up and reuse or order a new one.

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Where can I find an online video tutorial for taking off the inside front door panels on a 2007 Yukon ?

1 of my car stereo speakers is kinda sounding wonky sometimes.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where can I find an online video tutorial for taking off the inside front door panels on a 2007 Yukon ?

YouTube university.

You’ll need a set of trim removal tools. The $6 set from harbor freight is fine. There are three bolts hidden behind trim, then the rest of it pops off. I find it easier to start at the bottom rear corner.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to my Tahoe today but my Tahoe decided to throw a check engine light at me:mad:
It's probably P0430. I'll find out tomorrow
Have a great night everyone.
Yup, P0430.
Looks like I'll have to start getting things ready to replace my cats. Might as well do the exhaust while I'm at it.
I've been saying that for years about my exhaust, haha

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Make sure the window is DOWN.

Carefully pop off the A pillar triangle cover where the mirror is with a trim tool.

Then use a pick tool to pop out the covers behind the 2 door handles. There are 10MM bolts behind those covers. Remove those bolts. One behind the door opening handle and 2 behind the door grab handle. (I usually have a magnetic p/u tool on standby on those 2 so they don't fall into the door.)

Pop out the window switch assembly with a trim tool and unplug the 3 plugs.

I usually start popping the main cover off at the top front where you removed the triangle cover work my way down and around to the back of the door.

Once that sucker is loose you gently pull it up out of the window weather strip channel and out a few inches. At the bottom inside of the door panel there are 2 big white plastic hooks that fit into 2 square voids in the door frame to hold the panel in place temporarily.

Then you need to disconnect the cable from the door opening handle. Use a pair of needle nose to pinch the tabs and release the cable from the housing.

Then you can remove the panel.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal