What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost wrecked it. If I hadn't been looking around and not paying attention to the green left arrow light (because I used to live down the street and was looking at changes in the neighborhood) he might have got me when he ran his red light. I was delayed just enough he passed me to the front at a high rate of speed.
View attachment 376061
Everybody runs reds around here constantly now. It’s terrible. Gotta keep an eye out for sure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here, it's crazy.
I typically wait a few seconds to go through a light when it turns green. Damn lunatics
I don’t wait, at least not to just wait. Instead I pay attention to the intersection, to see what light is turning red and make sure the line of vehicles stop. I never see anybody run a red except after it cycles through yellow to red, they want to squeeze one or three more cars through. So I pay special attention to whose light is turning to red and make sure a vehicle stops at the line. As long as there’s a stopped rig there, nobody else is going through unless they smash through that vehicle. Of course paying attention to the entire intersection is important too especially the idiot pedestrians, people on bikes, and I always keep an eye open for motorcycles since nobody else does and I used to ride. I’ve found I just need to pay more attention and adjust accordingly. Might have to wait a few seconds at some intersections until all the red light runners are done, usually laying on my horn and giving them the wtf hand gesture.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t wait, at least not to just wait. Instead I pay attention to the intersection, to see what light is turning red and make sure the line of vehicles stop. I never see anybody run a red except after it cycles through yellow to red, they want to squeeze one or three more cars through. So I pay special attention to whose light is turning to red and make sure a vehicle stops at the line. As long as there’s a stopped rig there, nobody else is going through unless they smash through that vehicle. Of course paying attention to the entire intersection is important too especially the idiot pedestrians, people on bikes, and I always keep an eye open for motorcycles since nobody else does and I used to ride. I’ve found I just need to pay more attention and adjust accordingly. Might have to wait a few seconds at some intersections until all the red light runners are done, usually laying on my horn and giving them the wtf hand gesture.

I wait only because of past experiences. Grazed bumpers by some jackleg flying through a red light will make you pucker a little bit. And when it happens more than once. I wait :) Definitely pay attention as well. This is a tourist town and the local PD doesn't do s**t to the tourist. It's starts in June when Big Rock comes to town and it's all down hill until September.
Used to give gestures, even friendly ones, but my wife gets on me because to many wack-jobs pulling guns out and doing crazy s**t. I do carry myself, but don't want to be put in that situation with my family in the car.
It's funny, we are originally from Boston and honking the horn is a part of the lifestyle up there haha, down here though, you really don't hear it much at all.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I lived in Orlando for many years and J@ck Hole locals developed the same clueless driving habits as the tourists. Dear God, the freakin tourist, I swear drive by braille using the highway reflectors...My wife and I called the big passenger vans "perpetually lost vans" cuz them idiots cannot see, are lost, and think they are the only drivers on the road. May they find their way and out of mine! :driver:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland police eliminated their traffic division. Period. Not a single traffic cop in this city because they can’t find enough cops to hire. The only way to get pulled over is if you do something serious right in front of a patrol cop, and even then I don’t think they’re issuing many tickets if at all. And everybody knows it. Combine that with the fact that DMV pretty much quit doing business for most of 2 years so the police still aren’t pulling cars over for tags or plates even if there were traffic cops. So here we have the Wild West, literally. Probably 25% of the vehicles have no plates or temp permits, another 25% don’t have current registration, most of the vehicles sold in the last 2 years don’t have a title in the current owners name thanks to DMV so even if a vehicle does have plates they probably aren’t traceable to the driver or owner. So red light cameras don’t work. Photo radar doesn’t do anything for those. Hit and runs are rampant, even those involving killing a pedestrian or another driver or passenger. Tourists? The least of my worries. They’re most likely driving a vehicle with plates that can be traced back to them or the rental agency, and probably have insurance. It’s the lawless idiots around here I have to look out for. I drive defensively, and accordingly. And I don’t take anybody’s sh*t. Go ahead and try to keep up. :happy175:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland police eliminated their traffic division. Period. Not a single traffic cop in this city because they can’t find enough cops to hire. The only way to get pulled over is if you do something serious right in front of a patrol cop, and even then I don’t think they’re issuing many tickets if at all. And everybody knows it. Combine that with the fact that DMV pretty much quit doing business for most of 2 years so the police still aren’t pulling cars over for tags or plates even if there were traffic cops. So here we have the Wild West, literally. Probably 25% of the vehicles have no plates or temp permits, another 25% don’t have current registration, most of the vehicles sold in the last 2 years don’t have a title in the current owners name thanks to DMV so even if a vehicle does have plates they probably aren’t traceable to the driver or owner. So red light cameras don’t work. Photo radar doesn’t do anything for those. Hit and runs are rampant, even those involving killing a pedestrian or another driver or passenger. Tourists? The least of my worries. They’re most likely driving a vehicle with plates that can be traced back to them or the rental agency, and probably have insurance. It’s the lawless idiots around here I have to look out for. I drive defensively, and accordingly. And I don’t take anybody’s sh*t. Go ahead and try to keep up. :happy175:
well I just drove from here to Portland and then took 26 over to 101 and then all the way up to the end of 101, I have taken the same route since I was born countless times. I know right where the cops hangout and this time there was practically none. I was running waze and radar the whole trip, there were a few notifications but if you travel the west coast much you know where the cops sit and get easy prey and they just were not there funny because I was telling my wife each time we approached a certain area "there is always a cop here" and then nothing I could have muled a boatload of dope up there and not even had to get paranoid (not that I have ever done such a thing) lol
the whole trip I only got passed once by a motor cycle on the way back south thru the mountains and he only got ahead of me because he could split lanes and I caught up to him in grants pass because there was a sheriff in front of him haha.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This likely needs its own thread...but holy fk this isn't a diesel...despite someone putting about 10gallons of diesel in it.

Anyone have a recommendation for replacement injectors for a 2012 5.3? About 700$ on RA for oem delcos... Either a quality aftermarket upgrade (more juice is fine if it expedites the process, knowing more injector is completely unnecessary) or "as good as" in quality that maybe I can save a few pennies on and get faster...

I might need a new fpump and other stuff too...but for now...

It's been a very rough week for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave