What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get used to the slidey slides after a while.
I had to shift into neutral to stop once today. She just kept pushing and anti-locking. But no stopping.

Never thought of doing that. Years ago in my old truck I was on a road near my house going to work. Road T’s into highway. Just snowed, and the road is in between 2 fields. Apparently it iced over. I started braking way ahead of time. Was not stopping, abs in my 2000 Silverado is just junk. Caused me more harm then good, kept kicking me off. Mind starts racing, what do I do. I’m about to run into a highway still going 30plus or so, can’t stop. As I was about to panic I’m thinking screw it, we going in the ditch. Ditch isn’t that deep, so I steered into that *****. Stopped quickly. Hit 4wd and crawl out. I’m glad abs isn’t that bad on these rigs. I’ve pulled the fuse out on my truck. I hit a patch of black ice at a stop light as I was almost stopped, abs kicks me off and I hit the truck in front of me. Gets out and opens tail gate, closes tail gate. No damage to his bumper, I hit his hitch. I’m good if your good... he’ll yea I’m good cya. I didn’t realize it but it actually bent my front bumper a little. I’ve had other close calls cause of abs kicking me off.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see how tires would make any difference on ICE unless they’re studded... rubber slides on ice

Reaction score
Ice is one thing, snow, slushy snow, packed snow is another thing.

Are we only talking about ice here?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ice is one thing, snow, slushy snow, packed snow is another thing.

Are we only talking about ice here?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ice is for sure the most difficult and probably a problem even for dedicated winter tires without studs.

I would say the next worst is when packed snow is reduced to a thick slush. I find that it wont squish out from under the tires and acts like grease. That's always been the biggest issue for me here in Wisconsin even with really good tires.

On packed snow you can expect relievable traction response and a fairly constant drive. I found even my 22" Coopers work well on the packed snow.

The Greasy thick slush is terrible! The only thing I ever found that worked well on that was a narrower aggressive tire. My last ride had Goodyear Duratrac tires in 265/75-16 and the grease would squish out from under them and they would fling the rest.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
With traction and stability control off, its super easy for me to get the PPV sideways on dry ground.......MO POWAHs YO!
I wish, only in snow or rain will this old 5.3 get sideways. I always figured with a bb tune, long tubes, and a free flowing exhaust, the few extra ponies I have would have helped, but nope.

Wanna trade? Haha

Changed the oil today and finally got to use the new jack I picked up over black friday from harbor freight. Damn I have been missing out, that thing is nice. Heavy as hell, but nice.

I am a little concerned though as my catchcan hasn't emptied a single drop in the past two oil changes. Open it up and nothing comes out. I need to pull it apart and see what's going on.

My lazy ass needs to do the updated valve cover too....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truckinscooby

Latest posts