What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then again maybe not. I noticed areas that appear to have been ground down by a machine on two of the four tires. In those areas the tread depth is less than the rest of the tire by one or two thirty-seconds. I suspect this is a problem and I am not sure this is acceptable. I have attached some photos showing this “grinding” as well as a comparison photo with a tire that does not have this grinding. I bought these from Tire Rack so I have sent an email. Best to get it right.

View attachment 249190 View attachment 249193 View attachment 249194
Wtf? That’s odd. Yeah I’d be asking for a replacement.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then again maybe not. I noticed areas that appear to have been ground down by a machine on two of the four tires. In those areas the tread depth is less than the rest of the tire by one or two thirty-seconds. I suspect this is a problem and I am not sure this is acceptable. I have attached some photos showing this “grinding” as well as a comparison photo with a tire that does not have this grinding. I bought these from Tire Rack so I have sent an email. Best to get it right.

check the DOT date if the dates are not similar then they screwed you it's also missing the tire hairs on the ground down ones (might have been a return?)

the tire hairs are hard to fake on used (to make like new) tires

or two of the tires got stuck on a roller in the shipping center

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

I reached out to TireRack and asked about this. They came back and indicated that the grinding on these two tires is from a process called optimization where the manufacturer tests for several different run-out measurements and does some grinding as needed to bring them into spec. I found a few very technical articles on this process and learned that Bridgestone held the patent for it for some time. They gave me a small refund and said I should be good to use them. I guess we will see how they work.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reached out to TireRack and asked about this. They came back and indicated that the grinding on these two tires is from a process called optimization where the manufacturer tests for several different run-out measurements and does some grinding as needed to bring them into spec. I found a few very technical articles on this process and learned that Bridgestone held the patent for it for some time. They gave me a small refund and said I should be good to use them. I guess we will see how they work.
So they must have been out-of-round. Interesting. I had a set of 26” Venezia’s which are another of the Chinese brands that 2 different shops failed to balance and the third shop told me why. Not sure if the other shops didn’t test for this or what, but once balanced to counteract this they were fine except at the speed of 65-70...so I didn’t drive that speed anymore. Then I sold them.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So they must have been out-of-round. Interesting. I had a set of 26” Venezia’s which are another of the Chinese brands that 2 different shops failed to balance and the third shop told me why. Not sure if the other shops didn’t test for this or what, but once balanced to counteract this they were fine except at the speed of 65-70...so I didn’t drive that speed anymore. Then I sold them.
I will be mounting them up with a buddy in a couple hours. Fingers crossed!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be mounting them up with a buddy in a couple hours. Fingers crossed!
Were these discounted? If I were paying that kind of $$ and they were out of round I’d be livid. What if you mount them and have a problem? Will they take them back for a full refund after being mounted?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons ive been afraid to get headers.
The headers don’t cause the drone imho, it’s the cat delete, and sometimes resonator / muffler changes. After I put my ARH longtubes on, it was pretty damn mild, until we removed the resonator and giant muffler, for a little 18” Magnaflow. Lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headers don’t cause the drone imho, it’s the cat delete, and sometimes resonator / muffler changes. After I put my ARH longtubes on, it was pretty damn mild, until we removed the resonator and giant muffler, for a little 18” Magnaflow. Lol

Can you narrow down an RPM range where it drones the most? I've been hoping someone would do a Helmholtz chamber for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod