What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the hoes leatherette seats and conditioned them this morning, chemical guys crap. First thing all three kids said when they got in, ‘it smells in here!’

Smells like what? I've read it smells like a new baseball glove. I have the cleaner and conditioner kit but haven't had the time to devote to cleaning that poor Tahoe.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You like it?

The cleaner worked pretty good, i mean the seats are black and i used a light colored microfiber and it wasn’t nearly as dirty as i thought it would be but the seats looked good. The conditioner, however, and mind you I applied with a clean microfiber applying product to mf then seat, instead of direct to seat, sparingly and covering entire seat surface, turning mf, then going over entire seat with a clean mf but for my tastes its has a little too much shine and makes the seat a bit slippery imo.

Smells like what? I've read it smells like a new baseball glove. I have the cleaner and conditioner kit but haven't had the time to devote to cleaning that poor Tahoe.

Yes, smells exactly like new leather, a little overwhelming imo and is fading but in my garage last night, tahoe windows closed and both garage doors closed i could still smell it and I cleaned them at 630 am and the wife drive it around all day. Again this is all my opinion.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...its has a little too much shine and makes the seat a bit slippery imo.

Did the shine and/or slipperiness fade any over time?

Yes, smells exactly like new leather, a little overwhelming imo and is fading but in my garage last night, tahoe windows closed and both garage doors closed i could still smell it and I cleaned them at 630 am and the wife drive it around all day. Again this is all my opinion.

Good to know. I may leave my windows down after I thoroughly clean mine to air it out. It sits in the shop all week most every week, so hopefully it'll have time to subside and not be overwhelming.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the shine and/or slipperiness fade any over time?

Good to know. I may leave my windows down after I thoroughly clean mine to air it out. It sits in the shop all week most every week, so hopefully it'll have time to subside and not be overwhelming.

Still feels slick to me, nobody was complaining about that on the four hour round trip today tho the shine has diminished, i would guess from all the little ***** on the seats...smell was still there but again, no complaining from anyone... its really just a new leather smell but kinda potent to my big *** eye-talian shnoze..kinda like new car smell with leather.... if you like that sorta thing

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested out the new suspension And went camping on a pretty rough off road area in the mountains. I am glad I spent the money I did when replacing everything, and the eibach sway bars work really well on, And off road. The hardest part of the trail was keeping the 6.2 tame, it just wanted to pull hard and fly up the Rocky road. Now it's gonna need a deep clean tomorrow

IMG_20180720_174908514.jpg IMG_20180720_174707966.jpg IMG_20180720_174632251.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tested out the new suspension And went camping on a pretty rough off road area in the mountains. I am glad I spent the money I did when replacing everything, and the eibach sway bars work really well on, And off road. The hardest part of the trail was keeping the 6.2 tame, it just wanted to pull hard and fly up the Rocky road. Now it's gonna need a deep clean tomorrow

View attachment 203827 View attachment 203828 View attachment 203829
Truck looks great, even dirty.... looks like a good time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali