What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Dads trans has been acting up for about a year. Hesitation when slowing down and acting like it doesn't want to take gear until it slightly revs and then goes. Very intermittent and the trans shifts perfectly once it was in gear. I thought it was the valve body so I finally got around to doing the "transmission cleaning" in hp tuners a couple weeks ago. It had only acted up once since then so he went ahead and pulled the pan to change the fluid and filter. Thought it may had a defective filter since he'd just changed the fluid before it started doing that. Trans has been serviced at 50k intervals since new. Has 125k now. He pulled the pan and sent me this.

I'm guessing that's converter material...

He put it back together with new fluid and filter. It's still driving but calling tomorrow to order a trans
View attachment 382251
A lot of material in the pan. Close up(enlarged pic) that magnet looks like a hairy butthole. Just sayin.......

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of material in the pan. Close up(enlarged pic) that magnet looks like a hairy butthole. Just sayin.......
It was all metal. The funny thing is, he JUST pulled my bass boat to the lake, over an hour each way. Trans did perfect so he decided to pull the pan and change the fluid. Found that. I can't believe its shifting and working as good as it is.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was all metal. The funny thing is, he JUST pulled my bass boat to the lake, over an hour each way. Trans did perfect so he decided to pull the pan and change the fluid. Found that. I can't believe its shifting and working as good as it is.
The converter wears the bell housing down, probably what the metal is from, mine ran like that for a while just started getting shudder at 15-35mph

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The converter wears the bell housing down, probably what the metal is from, mine ran like that for a while just started getting shudder at 15-35mph
Hopefully he can get one in pretty quickly. He knows a guy that will swap them for $500. I don't have the time or energy to swap it out right now.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
It took me forever to do it, but I opened my old/original converter up.
Partly because I want to make a cool "jet engine" looking clock from parts.
And I wanted to check the clutch material. :cool:

Pictures soon.
Also, I don't believe the crud in my cooling lines was from this converter.
it still had life in the clutch, and the bearings so far looked good.
but they are getting cleaned in my ultrasonic right now... :)

Pictures soon...

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me forever to do it, but I opened my old/original converter up.
Partly because I want to make a cool "jet engine" looking clock from parts.
And I wanted to check the clutch material. :cool:

Pictures soon.
Also, I don't believe the crud in my cooling lines was from this converter.
it still had life in the clutch, and the bearings so far looked good.
but they are getting cleaned in my ultrasonic right now... :)

Pictures soon...
Post those pics. I'm curious what the material is in my dads pan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts