What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3,995 posts! I'm on the 4,000th page! Woohoo! LOL
spent the weekend working on a friend of my wife's minivan.
the AC compressor seized and smoked the belt right off.

Spending my own money to help them out etc. :violin2:

Well, we got the compressor changed, did the drier while it was open.
I thought about the other things i "should" do but took the faster/cheaper route.
Donated 3lbs of my own refrigerant stock and had to do some re-wiring of the new compressor...

Fixed their blower motor, lucky it was just the blower motor resister so big win there.

Learned about this "serpentine belt tool" that exists.
I always just used a socket wrench to fit the little square.
but with some cars it won't fit in there, like this minivan.
Who knew!!
I'll need that for the wife's car later, I couldn't figure out an easy way to change the belt so it hit the later list. :angels2:

Compressor is running fine, ac commanded, no errors found that my scan tool can read.
High and low pressures look fantastic, just like i would expect for a new compressor and a system that's not plugged...
but the air is still warm.

doing some reading and learning as i go on this one.
apparently, it's something that the ac expansion valve can cause as it just bypasses the refrigerant.
So, i have one of those on order.

Odd thing is it's the same on the front and rear ac.
and there is a separate expansion valve for the front vs the rear...
So that's very odd, but I don't know how well their AC worked before all of this.

So, I'm hoping that it's probably both expansion valves... :jester:

One of the fill ports also started leaking on me after i removed the gauges.
Messed around with it and got it to stop leaking.
I guess he lost the caps a while back, so things aren't perfect.
New ports on order along with everything else + new caps.

I'm way to fkn nice. :banghead:

Then went to a concert with the wife, she tested positive for the coof and I feel like crap.
So, I'm taking it easy this weekend. :nolol:
my sisters Chrysler needed that serpentine belt tool, I had tried everything to get the darn thing on, all that tool had was a bend in it so it could travel a few mm more and the belt went on. I was helping her out with a tune up and she lived 20 miles from town so I didn't want to have to drive 40 miles for a "tool" but I finally gave in and of course it worked the 1st try.

Reaction score
So my passenger mirror fold gave up the ghost yesterday. I think it's the motor because it makes no noise or even vibrates when trying to fold/unfold it.

Can just the motot be replaced?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my passenger mirror fold gave up the ghost yesterday. I think it's the motor because it makes no noise or even vibrates when trying to fold/unfold it.

Can just the motot be replaced?
could be jammed from a broken gear, takes about 10-minutes to open it up I had to do mine a couple times, I bought the plastic one off ebay and it worked ok then I bought a brass one and thought it would better but it didn't work for crud so I put the plastic one back in and it works 95% of the time once in a while I have to give it a very slight push to turn the mirror back open.

Reaction score
could be jammed from a broken gear, takes about 10-minutes to open it up I had to do mine a couple times, I bought the plastic one off ebay and it worked ok then I bought a brass one and thought it would better but it didn't work for crud so I put the plastic one back in and it works 95% of the time once in a while I have to give it a very slight push to turn the mirror back open.
I can manually fold and unfold it smoothly with no problems. I've folded it and then used the switch and there's no hum or clicking or motion whatsoever.

All the other functions of the mirror work. Turn signal, blind spot, and reverse park tilt

I'm guessing the motor is in the stationary base and not the folding part

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can manually fold and unfold it smoothly with no problems. I've folded it and then used the switch and there's no hum or clicking or motion whatsoever.

All the other functions of the mirror work. Turn signal, blind spot, and reverse park tilt

I'm guessing the motor is in the stationary base and not the folding part
the motor is inside the part that mounts to the door frame but you can access it by taking the mirror part you do not have to remove it from the door frame
this guys video goes over how to do it
when you get to the last part when the spring comes off then you can just lift the black off and the gear is inside there and at that point you can also test the motor or clean up the contacts if is corroded or something.
you will need some tools and a socket that will fit over the fitting and a vise, it's all shown in the video
gear1.JPG

Reaction score
New intake with injectors and fuel rail swapped over....

20220730_152946.jpg

I've actually got it all back together and everything torqued to spec. I don't have the alternator installed yet though, I'm going to go pick up a new one tomorrow. This one is going bad. It low charges when idling and causes the charge light to come on when sitting at stop lights. Like on out trucks, It takes only about 10 mins to install it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n