What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Amazon was selling a box of 10 Ancos for about $30. Figured they would last 5 years but then we bought the Sierra and my oldest daughter's Impala takes our size too!

Yesterday we got around to replacing the tie rods on the Sierra. Our Pro-Lift 3-Ton jack stands are barely tall enough to reach the bottom of the frame, we used two on the side we were working on and lifted from under the control arm until the tire was clear of the ground. The ACDelco 3-Ton stands were too short. I think we'll eventually pick up some 4 or 6 ton stands, they can lift above 14 inches.

Everything went off without a hitch until we put the new ones together and checked our measurements. The new ones were over an inch longer! It was then we noticed that the inner and outer tie rods had been cut down. I pulled up the instructions for the Zone 6.5 Lift and sure enough, they said to cut them each down 1/2 an inch. Guess I forgot that part! So we put the old parts back on and will either take the new parts to a machine shop to be cut or maybe I'll get that new band saw I've been pining for five years!
My Torin 6 ton stands go up to 24", but I hardly ever use them. I use my Crossroads 3 ton stands the most, they go up to 21", and I have 2 sets of 2 ton stands.
20211014_143459.jpg

20211014_143555.jpg

20211014_143721.jpg

20211014_143738.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dropped it off at the dealer yesterday with the hummer motor mount I bought a month or two ago and for a mobile1 oil change
BOY the engine mount sure made a big difference, the engine barely budges now with the gas/brake test, before it would move quite a bit by comparison.
no more take off and downshift clunk.
there may be some slight additional engine idle feel now but I wasn't really paying attention to that before and it's fine with me just lets me know if she is purring good or not.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
dropped it off at the dealer yesterday with the hummer motor mount I bought a month or two ago and for a mobile1 oil change
BOY the engine mount sure made a big difference, the engine barely budges now with the gas/brake test, before it would move quite a bit by comparison.
no more take off and downshift clunk.
there may be some slight additional engine idle feel now but I wasn't really paying attention to that before and it's fine with me just lets me know if she is purring good or not.

Really, how much does a guy like you idle? I'd bet not much! ;)

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, how much does a guy like you idle? I'd bet not much! ;)
mine is always idling 1000 rpm > is idling while clocking on teh miles

45 mph = 1050rpm

basically 500-1000 rpm is considered idling 4 bangers idle at 1krpm or so

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2