What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I wanna go. $50 is pretty good. I need to do more data logging and get a helmet before I get serious about going though. With my tune file theres two things I need to do. 1 is make sure I’m not getting any torque management limiting throttle, though that’s different than turning it off. You don’t want it off on a mostly stock 4L60e. Good way to get 5 neutrals. Second is I need to dial in the rpms for the 4 -> 2 at WOT. Right now if I’m doing 70 and smash the throttle it won’t downshift to second even though there’s more than enough rpm for it to do that. It’ll only go to down to 3rd and its not making high power there like it would in 2nd. Not needed for drag racing but its something to look at.

My neighbor also has a full set of 17” steelies for the tahoe. They have a new set of winter tires on them from 7 years ago. I think I’ll take two of them to the drag strip for the rears because they’re gonna be way lighter than the 20s and I won’t feel bad about doing burnouts on a $1500 set of all terrains

You shouldn't need a helmet for test-n-tune with your truck unless you expect it to run in the 13s. I don't bother with burnouts, the launch area is plenty sticky for the KO2s, which I think actually slow me down, like driving across fly paper.

I think the race fee is less than that too on those days/nights. But once you get a soda and something to eat from the geedunk...

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
You shouldn't need a helmet for test-n-tune with your truck unless you expect it to run in the 13s. I don't bother with burnouts, the launch area is plenty sticky for the KO2s, which I think actually slow me down, like driving across fly paper.

I think the race fee is less than that too on those days/nights. But once you get a soda and something to eat from the geedunk...
Oh good to know! I think I should call and ask. I probably won’t be able to get there this month but next month hopefully.

Also lmao. 13s would be hilarious if it did it. I’ll take the back seats out and see what happens

bfourman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil cooler lines on the 6.0. Turns out you have to pull the driver side motor mount to get them in/out. Good thing I had already replaced them a few months back so the bolts came out easy.
ff5cb8b043ee01f43a396f1fb3a85d08.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I messed up the paint correction on the bumper. Went out and put a third coat and forgot to shake the can. Came out flat and splattered a little. Shook the can for a few minutes and tried again. This morning is still looked terrible so I sanded it all off and will start over tomorrow.

Finally got a sample of fluid out of the transmission, from the top line that goes into the radiator. That'll go out to Blackstone Labs with the ACDelco engine oil sample soon.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow hooks are in and replaced one of my HID ballasts. The formerly empty tow hook spots were bugging me for years... not sure why I waited so long. Nice that they have purpose now. I’ll be retrofitting some stock headlight housings soon. The passenger side u-bar started to go out. Then just need to install the blower and some big Wilwoods and we should be ready to party.

AE0D6C58-2984-482A-BBFB-5B91FCCF4367.jpeg

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow hooks are in and replaced one of my HID ballasts. The formerly empty tow hook spots were bugging me for years... not sure why I waited so long. Nice that they have purpose now. I’ll be retrofitting some stock headlight housings soon. The passenger side u-bar started to go out. Then just need to install the blower and some big Wilwoods and we should be ready to party.

View attachment 241730

Your truck looks good.

I keep going back between lifting or lowering mine

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 241730
If those are Anzo’s you can retrofit them with the brackets made for stock Denali headlights, I believe. I did my Denali Anzo u-bars with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42