What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got a new OBD2 adapter for the Burb today.

The one I had been using was my brothers and he needed it back so I ordered this one...
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/173547328603
rps20190105_190130_560.jpg
rps20190105_190222_410.jpg
Ordered it at 19:30 last night from EBay... it was delivered today by Amazon... lol... Pretty fast.

The one I had been using looked like this...
rps20190105_185441_721.jpg And was a lot bigger than the new one.

Here is the link to the new one on Amazon if you prefer...
https://www.amazon.com/Scanner-Professional-Bluetooth-Automotive-Diagnostic/dp/B07JZQRXRQ

On EBay it was less than $13.. on Amazon it is $18.

Anyway the new one is much smaller and has an On/Off button.

But what I like the best is it has an AUTO OFF feature so I can leave it plugged in and not worry about it continuously running like the other one did. I was constantly having to plug and unplug the old one and it stuck way out from under the dash.
rps20190105_190000_417.jpg
rps20190105_190410_198.jpg I can barely see the new one from the drivers seat and the auto off feature works as soon as you turn off the key... pretty slick IMO

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dismantled the cargo area and put sound deadening material (Noico) everywhere. Was good for a measured 3.5 - 4 db drop in noise. Will start on the doors tomorrow if alcohol doesn't impede me.

Actually alcohol never impedes me during a project. It just has a chance to alter the finish quality for better or worse.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After fixing the wheel bearing, Drove to FL and back to NC... not the best time(my father passed)

Started my trip on my 2nd tank of e85, yay power, boo mileage 14.5mpg on the way down.
Still having gas cap issues(gonna have to order the right one yellow flex fuel I think)
I thought I fixed the cap, and it tightened, but then I was having start up issues would barely idle without me pressing the pedal, I loosened the cap I have and its running fine?
After in FL, filled up with non ethanol for the trip back... 17.8mpg running about 75-80mph with 10 potty breaks(I have young-uns)
So we did pretty well. much more comfortable than driving the fusion, our fusion is AWD and slightly better gas mileage, but the comfort is much better in the yuk.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
After fixing the wheel bearing, Drove to FL and back to NC... not the best time(my father passed)

Started my trip on my 2nd tank of e85, yay power, boo mileage 14.5mpg on the way down.
Still having gas cap issues(gonna have to order the right one yellow flex fuel I think)
I thought I fixed the cap, and it tightened, but then I was having start up issues would barely idle without me pressing the pedal, I loosened the cap I have and its running fine?
After in FL, filled up with non ethanol for the trip back... 17.8mpg running about 75-80mph with 10 potty breaks(I have young-uns)
So we did pretty well. much more comfortable than driving the fusion, our fusion is AWD and slightly better gas mileage, but the comfort is much better in the yuk.
Sorry to hear about your father.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15

Latest posts