What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the tune first, it'll all run fine with whatever else you do for it in the mean time , retunes are free

and happy thanksgiving!

I know, I know. But I gotta stall cuz one of those things I wanna do first is remove the AFM components $$$

I hope your Thanksgiving was a great one!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I know. But I gotta stall cuz one of those things I wanna do first is remove the AFM components $$$

I hope your Thanksgiving was a great one!

You don't have to remove AFM before getting such a tune. BlackBear can prep the motor for a different camshaft before its installed so it will run well once you fire it up afterwards. He did that with mine is how I know as we discussed it during our runs.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to remove AFM before getting such a tune. BlackBear can prep the motor for a different camshaft before its installed so it will run well once you fire it up afterwards. He did that with mine is how I know as we discussed it during our runs.

lol

No, I really do. I have X amount of dollhairs allotted as play money and it's not enough for the AFM parts and a tune. Not to mention the other things I want such as headers, wheels, brakes, etc.

Deleting the AFM stuff is the bigger priority at this time since I have to assume the lifters are original with almost 200K on them. But then, I'm also kinda holding out for a deal on a low-mileage LY6 or L96. I doubt I'll find a deal good enough to do a full swap before having to delete AFM from my 5.3.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a tune you can turn off and. And like stated above retunes are free. I want to go with speed engineering headers. They are only $400 for headers and y pipe. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol

No, I really do. I have X amount of dollhairs allotted as play money and it's not enough for the AFM parts and a tune. Not to mention the other things I want such as headers, wheels, brakes, etc.

Deleting the AFM stuff is the bigger priority at this time since I have to assume the lifters are original with almost 200K on them. But then, I'm also kinda holding out for a deal on a low-mileage LY6 or L96. I doubt I'll find a deal good enough to do a full swap before having to delete AFM from my 5.3.

I can do you one better! I know a guy with an L94, just have to peel the melted plastic off of it and use your old stuff and buy new injectors. I'm sure he'll make you a heck of a deal too!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can do you one better! I know a guy with an L94, just have to peel the melted plastic off of it and use your old stuff and buy new injectors. I'm sure he'll make you a heck of a deal too!

Oh yeah... I saw that thread. lol
I'd love to have a 6.2 and, if the L94 is cheap enough, I'd delete it before swapping it in.

Hmmmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15