What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shakedown067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the drop kit installed friday night after the parts arrived at the shop thursday afternoon. Pic below is at 12 am on the way home. 2/3 McGaughys kit with spindles and springs. Although it looks more like a 2/5. Going to make a 1.5" spacer for the rear later this week, or I'm going to adjust the torsion bars to lower the front a bit. Rides damn nice though.

lowered-july15.JPG

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope it's a LS model.

Fixed the fuel spray with some new o rings. I also changed the oil and air filter on the wife's NNBS Sierra. I decided to paint the tired looking drums black. Definitely a nice change.

Last edited:

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front spindles, rear springs, ujoints, front UCAs, LCA bushings and ball joints, put factory torsion keys back in, front sway bar end links, ordered rear DJM links, ordered cowl hood, did the free travel mod, new bump stops, cut the tail pipe off and dumped before axle, greased everything, and changed the oil.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced front rotors and pads. The pads weren't all that worn but the rotors were warped but good.

Confirmed that my '05 GMC Yukon 2500 SLT with 496 8.1 does indeed have an Air-Ride suspension though it has never functioned since I've owned the vehicle. Consensus on the forum seems to be that I should keep the Air-Ride and repair it rather than replace. Looks like Arnott will be getting $800 bucks soon.

I deleted mine. Much happier. 1/4 the price is nice too.

Brake_L8

Reaction score
I replaced one of the two lines that run from the Hydroboost unit to the power steering. Was able to easily replace the line that goes from Hydroboost to steering box. The line that goes from Hydroboost to the P/S pump seems near impossible to remove without undoing the P/S pump and everything surrounding it, which I didn't feel like doing quite yet. Gonna post up another thread to try and get some tips on that, as I have to think it's possible to do without all the removal of everything else.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the shop. They are replacing the rusted brake lines and installing a leveling kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20