What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I cant wait, i have a 13 Camaro 1le, and my wife has a 13 malibu...and i did too much work to the camaro to be a daily so i bought the yukon (lol, its my gas saver compared to the camaro now) but it was a huge disappointment on how spongy/soft the brakes are compared to my other vehicles...so i did some research and I was also going to do the hydroboost upgrade also, but i have the adjustable pedal and i dont know if i want to have to swap that all out to...so hopefully ill be happy with what im doing.

I've been quite impressed with the brake feel on my denali xl with a stock hydroboost setup FWIW.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Well guys, i decided since I was due for a brake job to go ahead and do the gmt900 upgrade, 07 tahoe (raybest rebuild) calipers and brackets, wagner pads, and russle braided brake hoses, and ebc dimpled and slotted rotors

are those a direct bolt on? what year is your truck?

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the alternator (195k) on original). Also changed the oil and filter

How did you know it was going out?

I had a pulley bearing go back in the alternator on my 1989 Jimmy. It would squeal a bit, and got REALLY hot even after idling for just a couple of minutes. I've always wondered if my Yukon alternator would go out in a similar fashion, or if I'd notice the voltage regulator was toast (jumping voltage).

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 7" and 21" led light bars on the mail, took them apart and painted all the hardware black. Plan on sealing them up with silicone and figuring out the mounting tomorrow.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in while. Life happened. ANYWAY, lowered her 2/3, ordered wheels, new shocks, and other small things.

Question: I found a back glass for an eacalade I would like to get for $300. Is that a good deal and has anyone had trouble with a body shop painting it your color?

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on all of the parts I've been needing to order. So here is a quick run down :

Bilstein 5100s front and rear
Moog z71 springs
Rotor and pads front and rear
Oil pump
Oil pan gasket
Oil pressure sensor
Transmission tail shaft seal
Intake manifold gasket
Knock sensors and harness
Z71 fogs
Timing chain gasket

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I actually did it last Saturday but, I put a new upper control arm on the driver side. Not a difficult job at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo