What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickbaldwin86

Reaction score
If you haven't done so yet since you've owned the truck, you should Seafoam the intake, clean the throttle body as well as the MAF sensor! Your truck will love you for it!

I did this last weekend and yesterday was my first time driving it... with the better fuel and Seafoam I "felt" like I noticed a difference.

Is there a right up or a video on how to Seafoam the intake... I cleaned the throttle body and MAF but I didn't see a easy way to Seafoam it so I just dumped it in the tank.

I videos I found are not helpful because the hose they were dumping Seafoam in... I either didn't have on my 6.0 or just couldn't find.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool and good for you, you will not get bored over the holidays.

Neither will I, installing new tranny cooler lines tomorrow to get rid of this nasty leak.
Will also put new speakers in the wife's BMW 525i and take the instrument cluster out of it to send it away for repair, as most of the pixels are out.

ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON. :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

That's a key statement that best describes me........There is always something going on! A bored Chris is a bad Chris!! ahhaha

Good luck with your projects as well, a trans leak would drive me up the wall!

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I did this last weekend and yesterday was my first time driving it... with the better fuel and Seafoam I "felt" like I noticed a difference.

Is there a right up or a video on how to Seafoam the intake... I cleaned the throttle body and MAF but I didn't see a easy way to Seafoam it so I just dumped it in the tank.

I videos I found are not helpful because the hose they were dumping Seafoam in... I either didn't have on my 6.0 or just couldn't find.

There is a video on youtube that shows you but can't remember where I found it! You have the denali, and unless someone prior upgraded to the hydroboost system, you should have a rubber hose coming out of the base of the master cylinder for the brake system that should run all the way to the back of the intake manifold and that's the hose you should use!

evil_e

Reaction score
I'm about to go do the seafoam clean out. then install new PCV valve, new fuel filter, fresh oil change, and if my pockets will let me new LED lights for my dash and HVAC. the a little rear speaker hardwire to the radio since the fool that owned this hoe before me had the wiring knowledge of an 8 year old.

so totally posted in the wrong place....oops. BUT THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING TONIGHT! ....thought yall should know.

Last edited:

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a full interior clean up....washed all rubber mats in the shower... Used a carpet brush to freshen up the carpet.

Popped the hood and did a wipe down w degreaser (still Afraid to hose it down) and it looks pretty clean under there.

Last but not least, used Meg's Rinse free wash and wax on the exterior.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to go do the seafoam clean out. then install new PCV valve, new fuel filter, fresh oil change, and if my pockets will let me new LED lights for my dash and HVAC. the a little rear speaker hardwire to the radio since the fool that owned this hoe before me had the wiring knowledge of an 8 year old.

so totally posted in the wrong place....oops. BUT THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING TONIGHT! ....thought yall should know.

Be sure to get the updated PCV valve that has the fixed orfice (no ball bearing inside) when you get one!

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Be sure to get the updated PCV valve that has the fixed orfice (no ball bearing inside) when you get one!

I replaced mine last weekend and couldn't believe how bad the old one was. The smell of burning oil stopped once I replace it too.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Passed emissions (no more long tubes) and finally got tags. I missed my heated seats. Time to clear bra the hood, tint the windshield, and sell it in a few months.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't done so yet since you've owned the truck, you should seafoam the intake, clean the throttle body as well as the MAF sensor! Your truck will love you for it!

Having exactly that ^^^ done this morning, while the leaking tranny oil cooler lines are being replaced. :)

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super 40
Watch "Flowmaster super 40 LQ9" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYoqwQy_-**&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar