What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT, thanks Jacob.

So can you give me a manufacturer/supplier of the 2" drop kit you bought or would recommend? Where do I purchase it?

And are there any special tools needed or can I just do it with what I consider "normal handtools, wrenches, etc." by myself?

Can you also explain what it does? Does it just compress the shocks somewhat in order to lower the rear? What about ride quality?

Thanks again.

Use the link that Serge posted up or Norcal SS sells a DJM 2" drop kit as well. There are no special tools needed for the drop. The hardest part for me was getting the rear springs out. The first spring came out real easy and so that first spring went in real easy but when I moved over to the 2nd spring I had a harder time. I'd suggest taking out both springs and putting in the new springs at the same time (having the rear on jack stands with the rear differential supported by a floor jack) and it'll be cake. All you'll need is a couple of wrenches. I believe mine were 21 mm but might be slightly different on a NBS.

Basically all the kit does is give you a shorter spring and then relocate the lower shock mount with a bracket. Ride quality is close to the same. I ended up having to replace my worn our rear shocks and it rides well.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the link that Serge posted up or Norcal SS sells a DJM 2" drop kit as well. There are no special tools needed for the drop. The hardest part for me was getting the rear springs out. The first spring came out real easy and so that first spring went in real easy but when I moved over to the 2nd spring I had a harder time. I'd suggest taking out both springs and putting in the new springs at the same time (having the rear on jack stands with the rear differential supported by a floor jack) and it'll be cake. All you'll need is a couple of wrenches. I believe mine were 21 mm but might be slightly different on a NBS.

Basically all the kit does is give you a shorter spring and then relocate the lower shock mount with a bracket. Ride quality is close to the same. I ended up having to replace my worn our rear shocks and it rides well.

AWESOME, Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I believe the part for your truck is: mcgaughys 33051.
The part compatibility list: http://www.mcgaughys.com/tahoe.html

But someone with an NBS might want to confirm.

So is this part number for the front AND rear, as it only states "Leveling Kit" and does not say anything else?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropping just the rear is what levels your truck ... just like raising just the front levels your truck. :)

So you just need this one part just for the rear.

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping just the rear is what levels your truck ... just like raising just the front levels your truck. :)

So you just need this one part just for the rear.

Got it, thanks Serge.

Sorry, AFTER reading your response, I realize this was a pretty dumb question. DOH! :doh2:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ESCALADE Rear Vent Caps and Roof Rack Caps

ESCALADE Rear Vent Caps and Roof Rack Caps were dropped off at the paint shop today.

Started to clean up the rack and polished the side chrome rails.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to get the "overspray" or what ever it is, off?

I am getting it off enough for one no longer being able to notice it.

I am serious, if you would not have pointed that out, I most likely would have never seen that in he first place

bankswood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont have pics of hids on but proof that i have them lol.
HID.jpg
Before cluster
LEDSoldlights.jpg
Leds with new bases
LEDSinbases.jpg
After
LEDSfinishedproduct.jpg

where did you buy the blue LED's? How much $. is there more than one color of blue? I like yours and don't want to get the wrong blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slae

Latest posts