What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something I normally don't do - I hired a mechanic. Changed the oil pump o ring in the Tahoe for me. Also did lower ball joints in one truck, passenger ball joints in another truck. They'll be coming back to do driver ball joints and swap axles in my primary work truck from 3.73 to 4.10. Just too backed up with electrical work, haven't been able to touch the fleet myself.

He didn't really kill it on time, or quite follow my directions in terms of order of priorities, but at least some stuff is getting done.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up some ditch light brackets for a set of 3” LED lights that were sitting around collecting dust..

Mock-up pictures attached.
Not necessarily sold on this mod….
Looks like there will be interference w/ antenna when raising the hood.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 5

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I sat in the driveway today on a chair and stared at my Tahoe today. Does this count? :p

Mainly I was wondering if there was a decent brake master cylinder upgrade on the hydroboost setup. Cant seem to find anything searching the forums or google. Ugh.

If you haven't yet done the NNBS front brake upgrade, I hear that it's the way to go. I'll be doing mine when it comes time.

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't yet done the NNBS front brake upgrade, I hear that it's the way to go. I'll be doing mine when it comes time.
I did last year. Felt worse after I did. Even with the SS lines. But I think the MC was going out when I did so it’s why I didn’t feel a difference. Now it’s leaking, so time to replace. Just not sure what brand replacement to go with

:win:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it for a balance/rotate, alignment, and new spare. That thing is original (2004) and only used once in 2006. Don't want to get stranded with a bum spare. :eek:
They scratched/gouged the crap out of my wheel (2019 Silverado take-offs from BIL new) when removing the stick on balance weights so I took it back. They want me to take it to a wheel repair place and let them know how much it will be. I guess that's reasonable?

Just ordered some "wholesale closeout" Monroe Nivomats from RockAuto. $450 shipped. Hoping my cheapness doesn't hurt me as it usually does.

Edit: they just shipped and say arrival tomorrow. wow.

Last edited:

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did last year. Felt worse after I did. Even with the SS lines. But I think the MC was going out when I did so it’s why I didn’t feel a difference. Now it’s leaking, so time to replace. Just not sure what brand replacement to go with

:win:
Did you buy the SS line kit for the NBS or NNBS truck? I'm doing this same upgrade right now actually and didn't know which lines to get.

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the SS line kit for the NBS or NNBS truck? I'm doing this same upgrade right now actually and didn't know which lines to get.
I got the Goodridge 14196 Brake Line kit. Ordered it off Amazon. Have to check the code in your glove box I think to see which lines you need. This kit iirc is NBS. In the swap I think only thing you change for the NNBS upgrade is the front Rotors, pads, Calipers. The rears stay the same.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the Goodridge 14196 Brake Line kit. Ordered it off Amazon. Have to check the code in your glove box I think to see which lines you need. This kit iirc is NBS. In the swap I think only thing you change for the NNBS upgrade is the front Rotors, pads, Calipers. The rears stay the same.

And the caliper brackets need to be changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts