What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I get to participate today!

After I lowered my Denali a couple weeks ago I took it to a custom shop close to me for an alignment. First time they told me it was ready, it was so twitchy and pulled left that I only got about a quarter mile down the street before I brought it back. The next day they called and said it was ready again. It didn't feel right but it was at least drivable. I didn't really want that shop touching my truck anymore so I started calling around local but no one wanted to touch it since it was lowered. I inquired about alignment shops on a local Facebook group for lowered full sizes and found a dude on the north side of Nashville (I'm on the south end). Took it over to him today and he did a great job. It was worth the drive home through rush hour traffic downtown to get it steering and tracking right. I'm pretty stoked about that one.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who offers it? Would you mind sharing the link?

I saw a few, but here's an example from ebay. That was the best I saw as others looked to have some extra connections that could be avoided with the specific adapters the Evil Energy one has. They all seem to be $109-$129. If it were me, I'd probably just buy the $15 hose and the two $20 adapter fittings to screw together myself and save half the cost.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a few, but here's an example from ebay. That was the best I saw as others looked to have some extra connections that could be avoided with the specific adapters the Evil Energy one has. They all seem to be $109-$129. If it were me, I'd probably just buy the $15 hose and the two $20 adapter fittings to screw together myself and save half the cost.
yep that dudes making $50 a dollars a pop for a hose and 2 adapters

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried driving the Hoe last night. I had replaced the serpentine belt maybe a week ago. I bought the same belt that was on there, which was a little bigger then stock because the original size didn't fit, due to me getting a larger output alternator. The original sized belt wouldn't go on, it was too small after the new alternator. I'd, maybe the pulley was a different size. While driving it I got the "Hot Coolant Temp". Would a wrong sized belt cause it to overheat? Maybe due to the belt slipping? The belt also squealed a few times while accelerating--which its never done before? I was thinking of getting the original sized belt to see if it would fit this time.
Maybe check and verify the belt routing. Maybe water pump is rotating in reverse.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The correct tensioner finally came today. Got motivated enough to put my pants on and swapped it out on the Hoe. Took it for a ride and it's gtg! So that's what the issue was, damn tensioner.
New 408469-0b5021f3df9ca3e8766d7224ed1e7782.jpg
Old408470-e2bb40a868f82feca13a42960188559b.jpg
There definitely was A LOT of excessive play in it. New one is tight as a drum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n