What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally put in a new touch screen deck! What an improvement! This coming wknd, I will be doing a complete front suspension refresh! Moog CK u/l CA, tie rods, Cardone axles, Moog hub assembly, Moog stabilizers. I really want to do performance sway bars, but that takes me past my budget...

Edit - and the energy system body mounts!
Try the energy suspension sway bar bushings for the front and rear. HUGE improvement over the stock setup. Mt truck feels planted at 80+ switching lanes. I have also refreshed all my steering components and the energy suspension parts impressed me!!

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe is really getting some love this week. Threw in a spare front diff yesterday - the old had been leaking pretty badly and making noise so I wanted to get ahead of it before putting the little lady back in it so her Cherokee can go back under the knife. Also changed the oil. Couple thousand over due, whoops.

20230717_130611.jpg

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What unit did you go with for the touch screen? I've been toying with the idea of upgrading, but I love the integration with the DVD player and steering wheel controls and I'm not sure all/any aftermarket decks retain those functionalities.
If you're serious about getting into audio and functionality (and have spare change) I'd highly recommend the Stinger Heigh10. I have one in my Tahoe and it is easily the best head unit I've ever owned. Plus having the giant monitor just looks bad ass. Phone connectivity and the option for multiple camera inputs. Steering wheel controls all work as well.

Attachments

• 20210403_135557.jpg
    20210403_135557.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 7

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@blueinkd did you do the front and rear sway bars as well or just the bushings? Sway bars is kind of on a list of things to do in the future once I get other issues and things sorted out.
I specifically suggested the energy suspension sway bar bushings for the front and rear. I have not replaced my stock sway bars. At the cost of about $60 for both kits from Energy suspension, combined with Moog sway bar links F/R, the difference is impressive. I would not hesitate to buy the combo again

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I used to have a G-body Cutlass, I re-did all the suspension with Polygraphite suspension bushings. They had a bunch of marketing claiming they were better than regular polyurethane bushings because they had graphite impregnated in the bushings, which basically made them "self lubricating" so they wouldn't ever have any squeaks. And as long as I owned the Cutlass, I never
did have any squeaks. I bought the whole kit from Performance Suspension Technologies, https://p-s-t.com/
I've been thinking about buying a full suspension kit from them for my Burban.
Their kits are actually a good bit cheaper than pricing out all the parts separately.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I used to have a G-body Cutlass, I re-did all the suspension with Polygraphite suspension bushings. They had a bunch of marketing claiming they were better than regular polyurethane bushings because they had graphite impregnated in the bushings, which basically made them "self lubricating" so they wouldn't ever have any squeaks. And as long as I owned the Cutlass, I never
did have any squeaks. I bought the whole kit from Performance Suspension Technologies, https://p-s-t.com/
I've been thinking about buying a full suspension kit from them for my Burban.
Their kits are actually a good bit cheaper than pricing out all the parts separately.

I put the full PST offerings on both my Civic and S10 Xtreme. No complaints.

I really want to do performance sway bars, but that takes me past my budget...

Edit - and the energy system body mounts!

If they haven't been replaced yet, just get new sway bar bushings and end links for now as a cheap and easy up grade. For sway bar bushings on the GM trucks, I'd go with the blue Moog replacements. Cheap and stiff. They might be thermoplastic instead of poly, but it's splitting hairs. They're stiff and not noisy. I think the ones for my Tahoe were something like $7 for both front and $8 for both rear. The Moog end link kits (hardware and bushings) are great and around $7 each ($14 total for both sides).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts