What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally fixed the squeaky rear brakes. The retaining clip was rubbing on the top of the rotor once they were heated up. It would embarrass my daughter when I dropped her off at school. Simply took off the caliper, pads and clip. Gave them a little squeeze with pliers, put some brake quiet on and no more squeaky. Getting ready to do complete front end refresh in the next few weeks. Upper/lower CA, hubs, tie rods, sway bar f/b, axles, hub assembly, idler arm and pitman. Oh and body bushing kit.
Nice job! Were they squeaking constantly, or only under certain conditions? I find my brakes squeak/squeal occasionally when they get warm, wondering if it's a retaining clip, or something else.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's back!! New front oem fender and lower bumper, bumper cap and everything below it. Body shop even removed my door moldings and buffed her. Pin stripped will be done next week.

Attachments

• 20230707_180016.jpg
    20230707_180016.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230707_180133.jpg
    20230707_180133.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230707_180200.jpg
    20230707_180200.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 9

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swaped my thermostat. Truck needed long time to come to a quarter of needed temperatur. And on highway he stayed allways under quarter. Now running 5 minutes in idle, temperature is at quarter... Looking forward when drive.

But i am excited as always, when I have to do something on the Truck. The swap of the thermostat was done in ten minutes. Do that on a BMW, and you can plan on some models a half day...

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the wheel thread!?! I can't find it under any forum.

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts are slowly starting to pile up in my garage. I have power steering lines, e-brake cables, front end impact sensors, and a few other random things to put on my Tahoe. Hoping in the next few days I can get some free time after dinner and knock out as much as I can before the weekend, gotta get my boat to the lake this weekend.

Has anyone used the Glenn's Auto Performance tru-cool tranmission cooler kit? I'm thinking of buying it since my cooler lines are starting to seep. I'd rather upgrade than replace with stock parts.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts are slowly starting to pile up in my garage. I have power steering lines, e-brake cables, front end impact sensors, and a few other random things to put on my Tahoe. Hoping in the next few days I can get some free time after dinner and knock out as much as I can before the weekend, gotta get my boat to the lake this weekend.

Has anyone used the Glenn's Auto Performance tru-cool tranmission cooler kit? I'm thinking of buying it since my cooler lines are starting to seep. I'd rather upgrade than replace with stock parts.
Yeah I installed it a couple years ago, from what I remember the hardware and brace were nicer than the other set I bought for my 2nd vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076